C h a p t e r 1 3

Weapons out and bloodlust in their eyes, the wall of hunters charged forward towards us under Sorrel's command. Cole let out a loud growl and he bent his stance, preparing to shift along with Kenji who was on his other side.

Tucking the red cloth into my pocket with haste, I grabbed Cole's arm and pulled him towards the other way.

There's no way we can fight them all and get out alive.

I tugged on his sleeve again, but this time in earnest as I looked from him to the dark streets behind us. He sent me a warning glance to knock it off, but the hunters were getting closer and I knew we were going to lose if we stayed here.

Realizing these petty attempts would do nothing to convince his ass, I ran in the other direction, knowing he would have to follow. In situations like this, the bond was a blessing as I heard his wolf's stubborn growl from behind me, following along with Kenji like planned.

The bond would never let him leave me.

Cole reached my side as we continued to run, Kenji always by his side and one step behind. I saw Cole shoot me a look as we barreled down the street, not impressed with what we doing.

We sprinted away from the forest filled with hunters and instead flew past the shops in the street, unsure of where we were going. Hearing some of the hunters advancing slowly towards our retreating forms, I threw my body to the side, barely making it into a small alley without smashing into the wall.

With the scratching of claws from behind me, I knew Kenji and Cole had followed me down our new path, as we tried to elude from the hunters nearing.

The heavy pants of our breath from the running bounced off the walls which were coated in grime. As we continued to sprint our way through, a hunter's shout came from where we had turned.

They found us.

Cole used his moving body to hit my side, nudging me towards another small connecting alleyway as we desperately tried to get away from the group of hunters who had already found us.

I tripped over boxes and trash cans as I tried to keep up with the two fleet wolves running ahead of me.

While moving down the alley, I noticed that the end was cut off by a fence of rusting wire. Kenji growled in frustration as he looked at his Alpha in question, unsure of what to do. Cole looked behind him and snarled at what he saw. From the shouts bouncing off the walls, there was no way we could turn back without running into some friends.

Still advancing past Cole and Kenji's slowing forms, I unsheathed my weapons and sliced at the material preventing us from leaving. A few moments later, there was a large gap in the fence big enough for all three of us to jump through.

I moved to the side to let Cole and Kenji's squat forms through first, only to be pulled back when I tried to follow them.

Shit, they caught up.

I brought my elbow back, catching my pursuer in the ribs. He let out a howl and loosened his grip slightly, allowing me to spin around. I lashed out with my scythes, carving an arching 'x' into his chest, making sure to keep the wound shallow so I wouldn't kill anyone because after all, they're still my kind. With a finishing blow, I kicked his stunned form, pushing him into the other two hunters behind him, knocking all three of them down to the ground.

Not wasting any time, I barreled through the hole and after my wolves, Cole glancing back and growling at me to keep close to his form.

Thanks for the help back there.