Jonathon

So this is short. I'm sorry it took so long to update.

The stillness around me was serene. The only sounds around me were the birds chirping in the trees that rustled with the sound of the blowing wind. I had taken to napping in the forest and keeping out of Chuck's way; he was still on edge after yesterday.

The breeze passed across my closed eyelids and almost tempted a smile from my lips, except, there was a crunching of leaves to my right.

I sighed internally.

Jonathon has never been my favourite person. Or my favourite cousin for that matter.

I could hear him creeping up behind me, his arm outstretched to catch me off-guard. I could sense his excitement at finally getting the best of me.

I waited until the knife in his hand was a foot away before I snapped my eyes open and sprung up. It was easy to grapple him into the tree, disarm him and make my face angry.

The anger was perhaps the easiest part.

"What are you doing here Jonathon?" I hissed, pressing him up against the wall. He was visibly shocked, until his expression melted away into a sneer.

My dearest cousin had dirty blonde hair, a slightly too large nose, blue eyes and an abusive tendency.

"Just visiting my family," he said and leant forward as he spoke, so I pushed him further into the wall. I was repulsed by him and his family.

"Yeah I love you too," I mocked, "Why are you really here."

"I'll tell you if you remove yourself from me," he snarled. I was tempted to hit him, by stepped back, crossing my arms.

"I came here," he began, brushing off his shirt, "On behalf of my father and my family."

"Tell him I'm not interested."

He smirked, "But you will be"

"Just get to the point or go home," I chastised, irritated by his mere presence.

"Few weeks back the Runt betrayed the pack-"

"You mean Eden? Idiot."

Eden was a girl who lived in their pack house but was hated by my family, only because she was the illegitimate child of the Luna . It was very messy and I've only met her once; I hardly know her, but I don't think anybody really does.

He raised an eyebrow, "Fine then Eden," and murmured, "Not like you care."

I narrowed my eyes, "Just continue, you're wasting air."

"Well, Drake was supposed to shoot her after it, but then I find the little bitch at the mall with Cesare," he crinkled his big nose in disgust, "And ex-Alpha Drake," he spits on the ground at his feet, "legs it to goddess knows where and 'suddenly' the Eye is out to get us? The traitorous bastard-"

"What does any of this have to do with me?" I interrupt, rolling my eyes and losing my nerve. He growled.

"We need your help," he finally admitted.

I laughed.

"No," I objected, "What makes you think I care?"

He stepped forward, looming over me.

"We're family, we help each other out – and you don't get to be a little bitch about it."

I scoffed, "You know I've always loved my abusive cousins, oh and my uncle – can't forget him! But pardon me if I forget my beloved daddy who fucking sold me."