Ch 5: time to rest

As I moved through the mud moving towards our next goal following beside Nikolai and Tank. We followed Richtofen who was leading the way with Takeo trailing behind. Mud was the only thing slowing us down as the rain poured down onto us. I move my gloved hand through my hair pushing my (h/c) (h/l) bangs out of my eyes. Tank, Nikolai and Takeo glanced at me as we trudged behind Richtofen. I was to focused on trying not to slip in this mud that I didn't notice Nikolai get closer to me and placing his gloved hand on the small of my back. I blinked in surprised and looked over at Nikolai. A faint blush on my cheeks. He softly smiled at me as he helped me walk easier through the mud. Due to me recovering from my injuries of course. We continued for about what felt like an hour the storm was getting even worse. I trudged up to Richtofen. Walking next to him my arm up shielding my eyes from the rain as the wind blew my hair and scarf back. I practically shouted at the German scientist due to the howling winds.

"Richtofen! We should find shelter at a conversion chamber! The storm is just going to get worse!"

Richtofen stopped standing and shield his eyes with his arm as well I stopped as we both look up at the three men fighting the raging winds and ice cold rain drops. I saw Tank step forward pushing more as Takeo had his head turned to the side pushing through as he rain hit him one of his eyes shut tight. Nikolai was fighting like Tank was. I heard Richtofen sigh.

"Yes I agree (Y/n)!... let's head to the third conversion chamber!... ve'll take shelter zere until ze storm stops."

I nod turning back to the three men going to them and they look at me as I shout.

"I spoke with Richtofen! He agrees that we should take shelter! We can't move in this. We're heading to the third chamber!"

"Alright (Y/n)! Thanks for the heads up! It's really hard to walk in this!" Tank shouted.

The five of us moved all the way to generator three and took shelter within that building due to the building being not as badly damaged during the war. I sigh as I rung out my clothes and hair. (A/N: if you don't have long hair well you brushed your hair back with your fingers. ^^ on with the story.)

I walked over to a wall sliding down it as I sat there and gazed up at the ceiling. The guys also trying to dry their clothes. I closed my (e/c) eyes I felt so tired and cold. I heard foot steps coming close to me and the rustling and clinking of clothing and guns as arms wrapped around me. I shivered as the arms brought me to their owner's chest pulling me onto their lap. I felt a warm breath against my ear.

"Who's saving who's ass now, (Y/n)?" The person muttered into my ear.

"Tank... shut up..."

Tank chuckled as I cuddled close to him. He opened his coat and wrapped it around me. I sigh in relief as I feel his warmth wrap around me. I slowly fell asleep in the arms of Tank Dempsey unaware of what will become of all of us when the storm ends.