Ch 3: Birds of a feather

I stood at an entrance watching out for any zoms who dared to come towards the base the guys and I have made. Everyone was doing their own thing. Nikolai and Takeo were talking to eachother. Richtofen was planning our next move and Tank was checking all of his guns.

I had kept my distance from the guys which caused Richtofen to become concerned about me. I told him I just needed some time alone and to think. That was five weeks ago. I was so lost in thought I didn't hear someone come up behind me and placed their hand on my shoulder. I let out a shriek and turned sharply aiming my AK at the person's chest.

"Voah! Easy! It's me! Nikolai!"

"N-Nikolai?..."

"Yes... (Y/n) lower your gun comrade."

I obeyed and looked up at the Russian I was about to shoot on accident. I sighed and put my gun away. Nikolai stared at me. Concern written all over his face.

"What?..."

"You've been distant (Y/n), is something wrong?"

Worry plagued his voice. I sighed tiredly. So Richtofen wasn't the only one worried. Apparently so was Nikolai. I remained silent.

"Is it a boy problem?"

I looked up at him surprised and confused. Why the hell would he ask me that? Well yeah my boyfriend and I broke up a month ago and I'm over it.

"Um... sorta but not exactly."

"Ah. No worries. I had relationship issues between my second wife."

"Really?"

"Yes. It vas no cake walk."

I smiled a tiny bit.

"Marriage is tough isn't it Nikolai?"

"You have no idea (Y/n)... you have no idea..."

He and I shared a little chuckle at that thought. Then he looked at me seriously.

"So vhat has been bothering you?"

"Just tiny things. Nothing much. Don't worry."

"...you and I are so alike."

I blinked in surprise. I'm like Nikolai? But how?

"Oh? How so?"

"We both keep to ourselves. Keep what we feel inside. To not show weakness."

"Nikolai..."

He leaned closer to me, then looked around then pulled me close to his chest then wrapped his arms around me. I blushed and fan girled a little on the inside. I wrapped my arms around him. He was right. I keep a lot of my feelings inside.

"If you ever need to talk to someone. Anyone. I am here for you, (Y/n)..."

"Thank you, Nikolai."

He pulled away from me and stared deeply into my eyes and smiles softly and I returned his smile.

"Anytime. We are birds of a feather..."

"Now and forever."

~~~~~☆~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~☆~~~

Chapter 3 done! You got a little Russian time with Nikolai.~ I found it fair :P but yeah that's all I gotta say!

As always! I will see YOU in the next chapter! fly on and survive the night!