Damon sighed and laid his head on the wall. He never took himself to be a person who would have to deal with matters of heart. He never pictured himself falling at some girl's whims. However, fate had different schemes for him. He looked at Aileen and smiled, he never imagined someone so magical to grace his life. Although, situations were different from a normal life, they both seemed a perfect fit. He knew she had other plans for life but he was now intent over winning her heart and he knew she was loosing herself to him every passing day.

A loud thump from the other side caused them to flinch. Aileen's eyes opened as she took in her surroundings. She found herself clinging to Damon. Damon looked at her brought his hands up as if to gesture he was not the one holding her. As she took in the situation and surroundings, she moved herself farther from Damon as she sat straight. 

Another loud sound reverberated from the other side of the wall. It resulted for them to stand up and have a look at the hole. This time Damon looked through it and Aileen waited for him to explain whatever happened on the other side. Damon after a few minutes turned around and looked at her as he said,"Ashburn and Craske seems to be argumentation over something. Craske is the one breaking things around as Ashburn tries to calm his temper."

Aileen nodded in understanding and looked behind him at the wall as if trying to take notice of what was happening. She gestured for him to have a look again as she spoke,"We shall try to listen their argument as it might give us insight over something rather important."

Damon nodded at her and busied himself again as he tried to spy over the men. Aileen paced on the floor and looked at Damon eagerly after every few moments in anticipation of hearing something more. When he kept looking through but did not say a word, her curiosity got her better as she jerked him aside in order to see herself whatever went through the other side of wall. 

Damon was stunned for a moment over Aileen's push but then shook his head and stood nearby as he watched her having a look herself. To him the matter seemed light as both men seemed to be fighting over dominance of views and actions. He then brought his ear close to the wall and listened intently to the arguments. Suddenly a word was spoken which stiffened both of them,' Crooke'. 

Ashburn spoke loudly as he hit a table loudly,"Crooke was meant to die to give you this noble life. You should be thankful for what you got or else you would have died five years ago. Those french don't take pity on theives and bandits unless they are of use for them. Bend your ways before you get us into trouble and the secret is out in the open."

Craske stiffened for a while as he punched the wall loudly making Aileen jump in surprise. He looked fumed and bespoke with his back to Ashburn,"The man you talk of is no more though I wished a death was more appreciated than being someone's pet."

With that being said, Craske left the room with a loud thump of the door as he left. Aileen was still stiff over the truth that unfolded before her. Damon stepped forward as he waited for her to say something. There were tears in her eyes but her posture was still stiff. He hesitated at first but then stepped forward and touched her shoulder.

Aileen looked at him and asked him,"Did you listened the conversation I am of belief I heard a while ago?"

He nodded at her in understanding as she wiped her tears from her eyes and declared,"Then, I believe I have a man to slaughter."

Damon was shocked for a moment at the hatred in her words. Although, he understood the pain in her eyes as well. She was no longer a Lady of society, she looked every bit a woman who sought revenge."

Damon did not said anything but instead he took her in his arms as he tried to sooth her. This time Aileen did not jerked him back but hugged him further which made startled him for a moment but then he told her,"We will take revenge and he will pay with his blood for your family's pain." He rubbed her back as tried to calm her and started instantly scheming over a ploy to extract revenge for his Aileen, his love. 

He took a silent oath there at that moment that he will not let any harm come over her and he will lead her to her goal. Even though, he knew she was a strong willed fiery lady but he also understood the burden she carried along since her childhood. He felt the need to wipe her tears and kiss her pain away, however, the situation demanded for him to be a partner more than a lover to her. He willed to provide everything she will need whether she asked or not.

Now, the more important part was to confirm the information and knowledge they have furnished about Crooke by far. Although, it was apparent he was alive, but there seemed to be more dark truths involved with the man and they will have to ploy well to locate and unmask this man.

But first he needed to take the beauty in his arms to bed and make her rest for the night. Although, Damon was also scared how she might react once she returned to her firm senses and realized the compromising position they were  in. He took a deep breath and hugged her tightly.

.......................................................................................................................................................................

Ahhh MY LOVELY NICE READERS!!!

Hello... I know I missed you guys too and I am really sorry for taking sooooo long for this chapter. I know this might not be that interesting but we have to build a story here and now Crooke should come out from darkness. 

I hope I have not lost my touch in a MONTH... I can't Believe i was away for a month.

hope you like it.

take care :)