Chapter 23

I had barely woken up when I felt arms wrap around my bare waist and another body press against mine. My eyes remained closed as I felt lips caressing my neck as well as a hand move to my cheek. I started smiling as I heard my favorite quiet voice start to sing:

"Happy Birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Y/N.
Happy Birthday to you."

I opened my eyes to see Kendall leaning over me with a wide smile on her face. I pecked her lips but she quickly pulled me back in and attached her lips back to mine. Her hands moved into my hair and gripped it slightly. She slowly pulled away, leaving me breathless. I looked up at her, "Good morning to you too."

She laughed lightly, "Good morning birthday girl/boy. Feeling good?"

"I feel amazing," I said as I kissed her nose.

"Good, now come shower with me so I can take you out before the party tonight."

I chuckled lightly as I watched her get up and start walking towards the bathroom.

"Alright babe I'll be there in a second."

I picked up my phone and saw I had some birthday texts already and I started reading them.

"Hey, Y/N remember when I said round two later, last night?"

I looked up to see her leaning against the door frame of the bathroom. I nodded slowly as I looked over her body.

"Well if you don't hurry up it won't happen," she said before disappearing into the bathroom.

I dropped my phone immediately before getting up and following my girlfriend.

I was in the middle of getting dressed when Kendall poked her head out of the bathroom with a make up brush in her hand, "You're going to want to bring a jacket."

I nodded as I pulled my shirt over my head along with my sweatshirt. I sat back down on the edge of the bed and picked up my phone to finish replying to all the texts and Instagram posts I was tagged in. Kendall walked back in and grabbed one of my jackets before putting it on.

"Ready?" She asked.

"Yeah, just give me one sec."

She nodded and walked out, leaving me alone in our room. I got up and walked over to my drawers, pulling the little black box out of one of them and putting it into my pocket. Ever since I got the ring, I've brought it with me every time we've gone out, just in case the time was right.

I walked out to the the kitchen where Kendall was waiting for me, "Ready?"

I nodded as she grabbed her keys and we started our walk to the cars outside.

"I'm driving," Kendall stated as she got in.

"But I usually drive," I said as I got in on the passenger side.

"But you don't know where we're going and I plan on keeping it a surprise."

I chuckled and shrugged as I turned up the music in the car as she started to drive us towards Calabasas. Soon enough we pulled up in front of Kris' house. I raised an eyebrow and looked at Kendall, "This was the surprise?"

She smiled and shook her head, "We're just here for pick up. Come on."

She got out of the car and I followed all the way to the front door where she opened it.

"Bodhi!" Kendall called out as she walked in.

We heard the rapid footsteps of a child approaching us from the kitchen and there he was running straight for us with a backpack on.