one

"and cut!"

there was a second's pause before everyone got out of character and extras loomed off of the set. i, on the other hand, stayed back and took in every detail around me.

will was talking to david about improvements, his deadshot costume fit him like a glove. karen, joel, and jai huddled around each other by a torn up coffee shop, laughs escaping their mouths almost simultaneously.

this was our last day of shooting as the suicide squad, but the fan reactions to the idea of the movie premiere getting closer and closer made me all the more anxious to end the filming process and watch the final product. these fans weren't a force to be messed with, and it takes so much to fully please them. i took one more look around and smiled to myself.

i felt so honored to receive the roll of a lifetime. harley quinn. i'd hold onto this moment forever.

"lost?"

i turned and saw his oceanic blue eyes piercing into mine. it felt as if a thousand butterflies had been let loose throughout my stomach.

"jared!" i ran in for a hug. he musky cologne was so strong i could feel it linger on my costume. "are you shooting today?"

he smiled at me. "yes, actually. we are shooting today."

my hands clenched around my bat until my knuckles turned white. "oh..i, um, totally forgot actually. i don't think my agent sent me the right schedule for today..."

jared looked down at my death grip on the bat and softly caressed my shoulder. "relax, mar, you look as if you've just seen a ghost."

yeah, an extremely gorgeous ghost.

"sorry," i laughed. "just kind of nervous..we haven't really rehearsed any of our scenes together."

a smile spread across jared's face that made my heart drop to my knees. sometimes just staring at the man from afar made me go mad with nervousness. his beauty was truly something else. "we don't need too. i'm sure it'll all come together once we shoot. see you later, doll." he winked and headed towards his trailer.

doll. it wasn't the first time he'd called me that. he had to have sad it almost a thousand times before. only a mere nickname he'd given to me a while back. he said i was so beautiful i should be one of those collectable porcelain dolls. but there was something about he way he said it this time that sent shivers down my spine.

after a minute of staring after jared, i'd gathered whatever strength i had in me and walked back to the rest of the cast.

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •

after a couple more restless shoots with my little squad, david sent us on our lunch breaks. my stomach growled and ached and i wanted nothing more than a big juicy cheeseburger and a large strawberry milkshake to feed this craving of mine.

pretending to be a villain takes a lot of energy from you, believe it or not.

i walked to my trailer like a zombie, dragging the soles of my heels across the dirty pavement not caring at all. i just wanted a cheeseburger. and a nice long power nap.

after fidgeting with the door handle for a minute i finally forced it open and made my way to the mini couch, plopping my body onto it's comforting memory foam cushions.

i pulled out my phone, went through a couple of emails, twitter, instagram, the works. my phone dinged. it was a text. from jared.