two

it was a day after shooting and the memory of those icy baby blue's and those full, soft lips of hers burned into my mind.

i laid in my bed, arms tucked behind my head, staring up at the ceiling. my head began overflowing with thoughts of her. from her lustrous blonde hair to her soft, pale little hands. after reminiscing for what seemed like hours i picked up my phone from the end table beside me and started tapping away.

hey doll. are you awake?

before i could set it back down, my phone chimed again. a smile spread across my face.

now i am. are you sure you're not a vampire? i swear you never sleep...

i'm sure. how appealing does a midnight swim sound to you?

be there in ten.

"god the water feels so nice.." margot said, floating on her back. "i'm so glad this hotel has a pool."

i smiled. the dark blue sky flickered with bright luminescent stars and the air was quite warm. a perfect time for a swim.

the water was cool and peaceful against my hot skin. i held my breath and swam underneath her, my hand lightly stroking hers. as i arose from the water, i sat on a step, wiping the chlorine from my face and out of my eyes.

she swam over to me, two beers in her hand. "want one?"

margot loved beer. it was her preferred beverage other than water. she never got anything more than buzzed, though. she had way more self control than that.

"thanks." i smiled, popping open the can. it was very warm, as if it had been sitting in the sun for way too long. i took a gulp and placed it on the pavement next to me.

"you know when i was a little girl," she said, taking a sip of her beer. "i'd always dreamed of being an actress." margot grinned and looked up at the dark sky.

"oh really?" i asked.

"yeah. i wanted to make people feel something. i wanted to show people that i wasn't just a pretty girl with blonde hair. that i was more.." she went on. her voice faded and she took another sip of her beer.

then her eyes turned and focused on me. she laid her hand on top of mine. i swear those things were a weapon of their own. "jared?"

"yes?"

"i'm more to you, right?"

i coudn't quite tell what she meant by that. her voice was soft and her eyes looked lost.

i breathed and i felt my heart thumping so loudly in my chest i could feel it in my throat.
"you've always meant more. you always will."

margot's eyes ventured down to my lips and back up to my eyes. she smiled and bit her lip.

"always?" she murmured, leaning in closer to me now, our faces inches apart and eyes locked in a trance.

"always." i breathed. she rested her wet hand on the back of my neck and pulled me even closer.

our foreheads were touching and she grinned at me. she placed her beer on the pavement next to mine without looking, using her other hand to softly caress my bottom lip with her thumb.

"then prove it."

i gulped and rested my hands on her waist, our bodies touching. part of me was drowning in nervousness. but i couldn't show her that. i didn't want to ruin this.

but before our lips could touch, i was awoken to a pillow in the face.

joel had welcomed himself into my trailer. i didn't have to see him to know it was him. the pillow in the face had his name written all over it.

"what the fuck," i groaned.

his laugh was incredibly annoying but hearing it made me want to laugh just as much. it was contagious. "wakey, wakey, bad boy."

i pushed myself off of the couch so i could sit upright. my head spun and my stomach turned. i wanted that kiss. even if it was just a dream.

"please tell me why you woke me up from a great dream." joel kept laughing and i rolled my eyes.

"we have interviews all day today. and you my friend," he said, grabbing an apple from the coffee table. "have the biggest one."

i sighed. "well, what's new. they're just interviews."

he grinned at me. "it's a harley and joker interview."

i could feel my heart drop to my stomach. my breath caught in my throat and i suddenly acquired a death grip on my couch cushions.

"might wanna start getting ready," he added, taking a bite of his apple. "you're on in ten."