Chapter 14 - Blame The Heavens, To Have Weaved Such A Terrible Destiny For You!

Cheng Hao rotated his Pseudo-Core and sprinted down the paved road. As the tall tower disappeared from his view he suddenly made a sharp turn and headed towards a forest surrounded by 'danger' signs.

It was the so called 'Beast Lakes Forest' and it was a dangerous place where many beasts with cultivations at the High level Basic stage and higher gathered.

The youth didn't slow down as he entered the forest. It was two miles long and four miles wide and was one of the smallest forests in the sixth ring. Inside the forest were many lakes where packs of monstrous beasts and animals alike gathered. In the past two days he had come here almost every day for a few hours while his sister was either still sleeping or out for her 'nightly business'.

Aside from the Monstrous Beasts, there were also many valuable herbs and elixirs that could be refined into pills useful for cultivation. Truly a haven for cultivators.

Although to normal cultivators the thought of those treasures would undoubtedly make them at the very least try and find some, they would find out that the most precious herbs grew in the deepest parts of the forest and only those with a cultivation of the Advanced Stage or higher would dare go any deeper than one mile in.

Of course Cheng Hao was an exception. As soon as he saw a Monstrous Beast he would immediately take out the twenty four (the number had doubled ever since he broke through) golden blades made from the mysterious drop of blood. As soon as that happened, rains of blood would appear and severed limbs would fall to the ground.

Cheng Hao would then fetch the Monstrous Beast's core and give it to Goldy for him to feed on it. Although it had little effect, the essence of Basic stage beasts were still enough to make Goldy regain back an incredibly minuscule amount of his former power. What's more he could refine the beasts body with the Golden Aura technique to strengthen his own body.

After two days of hunting and more than a hundred Monstrous Beast cores, today Goldy had finally stepped into the Basic stage.

Since Heavenly Beasts required tens of times more cultivation resources than normal Monstrous Beasts, that was nothing short of light speed for Goldy!

In its life previous to its Re-Life, Blindlight needed about twenty years to reach the first Inferior stage, it could be said that it would have normally needed from fifty to a hundred years to reach his current cultivation so it basically fit those fifty plus years into two days.

After it broke through, it grew up to a meter long and sharp white fangs sprouted from its previously teeth-less mouth, sharp claws grew from its five limbs and the horns as well as the red hair on its head grew longer.

It didn't look like a small snake any longer, he looked more like an infant golden dragon. Its voice changed too as it became that of a youth from its previous middle-aged voice.

"Aaa, Cheng Hao, I feel it! I can finally fly! Yes! I can fly again! Ahaha" although divine beasts had slower cultivation, they had many more benefits such as their growth in size as well as the ability of using powerful abilities with lower requirements. For example, for humans only Advanced stage cultivators could fly, but for a Heavenly Beast it would only take the cultivation of the Basic stage instead.

"I have hunted many beasts and absorbed their body with the Golden Aura as well. I feel like I will soon have a breakthrough with my fleshly body as well!" Cheng Hao was also happy that his companion had gotten stronger. After all it would mean they wouldn't have to fear stronger foes if they had powerful allies, right?