Yamazaki just shrugged. "Nah," he uttered under his breath.

"Then why won't you speak?"

"Don't know," he mumbled before resting his chin on the back of his hand, his eyes slowly closing.

"Kento really doesn't like to speak."

"Yeah. He rarely speaks. I guess he's just too lazy to talk."

"And he's so listless. I still remember the time when we had our public speaking, he just stared at us with his bored eyes while he's standing at the stage."

"He's so like Suzu."

"But the difference is, he's not mute, unlike her."

Mr. Ryouta was starting to be annoyed by the fact that the students were starting to compare the two. "Enough of that," the students stopped talking and returned their full attention on their teacher.

"Since I'm your new Music teacher, I'll be implementing a rule. Just one rule, do you know what that is?"

They all shook their head with confused look on their faces.

"Respect. Respect the teacher infront of you, and respect the students surrounding you. That's my only rule." The students who were gossiping about Suzu and Kento suddenly felt guilty for what they did.

Then the class went on after Mr. Ryouta said his only rule. He discussed thoroughly the lessons while maintaining a good atmosphere. The students kept on reciting whenever he asks questions, except for Suzu and Kento.

Mr. Ryouta glanced at Kento, who's apparently sleeping, and then he glanced at Suzu, who's just spacing out on the corner.

He sighed as if something was wrong. Like something was missing.

Soon, the bell rang, meaning it's already their recess time. "Since it's time already, we'll just continue our discussion tomorrow. And tomorrow, I'll be introducing your performance task to be performed at the end of the first term." The students were suddenly surprised because they didn't expect their Music teacher to be so advanced.

"Okay, thank you and goodbye class." The students stood up from their seats to bid their farewell.

"Thank you and goodbye, Mr. Ryouta." They said in unison, except for the two students again.

After Mr. Ryouta left the class, Suzu immediately grabbed her things and walked outside of the classroom. She quickly went out because she really doesn't want a noisy crowd.

Now, Suzu just want to go to her usual place, at the Music room.

She walked quietly while heading upstairs. While she was walking closer, she could hear someone playing the piano in a familiar tune.

I thought I was the first one to leave the class, but someone's in the Music room right now. Why is that? She thought, but she shrugged it all off later on.

Suzu didn't think twice anymore and walked faster. It was recognizable. It was her favorite song.

As soon as she she was infront of the door, she was already running out of air. She's really panting and she even had to clutch her chest to be stable. She ran absentmindedly and she didn't even realize it herself. She took a deep breath, before twisting the doorknob slowly.

The door creaked open as she took a peak inside. She saw a boy who's apparently playing the piano. She could only see the boy's back and she felt relieved.

Good thing he didn't feel my presence. She thought at the back of her mind. The sound of the piano really made her feel so comfortable.

It was truly soothing. She slowly closed her eyes and surprisingly, her mouth opened and she started to sing soulfully. (a/n: pls play the song at the multimedia)

At first, her voice was barely audible due to the fact that she stopped speaking after the incident, but it wasn't enough for the boy not to hear it. As the song goes by, the more her voice becomes whole and the boy was indeed surprised. He still continued to play even though he wanted to see the girl out of curiosity. Even Suzu was surprised because for five years straight, she seriously didn't utter any word.

And now, she's singing like there's no tomorrow.

Her voice was truly melodious and harmonious. Her voice really fits with the song and the boy couldn't help himself.

She reached the high notes perfectly, and as she ended singing the song, she slowly began to open her eyes.

She was singing with her eyes closed the whole time and she didn't even realize it.

The boy was really curious, so when he was about to face his back, a soft murmur escaped from Suzu's lips.

"Don't," she murmured, not wanting him to see her.

But it was too late. The boy was now looking intently at her. And to Suzu's surprise, she was looking back at him too.

She began to feel nervous. After a long time, she made a real eye contact with someone, and it bewildered her.

The boy was still staring at her, making Suzu shift her gaze away from him because of the awkwardness that she was feeling.

Suzu slowly took one step at a time towards the door.

"Wait. You're the one whom they call 'mute' right?" The boy asked with his brows furrowed.

Suzu shook her head and began to run outside the Music room. The boy stood up and went to chase her but she quickly disappeared.

It's too late.

She was too fast.

[+]

casts:

Suzu Hirose as herself

Kento Yamazaki as himself

[-]