♫ you

"Oh, look! It's the girl who can't speak!"

"Doesn't speak at all, you mean?"

"I heard that she's mute, is that true?"

"I guess. I've never heard her speak, so yeah."

"I just feel so bad for her..."

Mumbles, mutters, and murmurs. That's what Suzu always hear whenever she pass by people. But she's actually used to it already.

Because ever since that day, she really did stop speaking.

And do you know what the worst part is? Most people would often see her like an invincible girl, because for them, she's just a nobody.

Suzu remained silent and continued walking, never leaving her eyes on the ground. As soon as the bell rang, she immediately went inside the classroom.

She walked at the very corner of their classroom, where her seat is. She heaved a sigh of relief when she saw that nobody was sitting there, so she quickly sat on her chair before the others could even see her.

It wasn't that long when the teacher arrived. They all stood up and greeted their teacher, except for Suzu, ofcourse.

Mr. Ryouta was their new Music teacher, but the students didn't know it yet.

Mr. Ryouta greeted them back with a smile. "Good morning too. I am Mr. Ryouta, your new Music teacher. You may now sit, students." They all took their seats and did their usual business, while Mr. Ryouta just stood there, waiting for them to settle down.

But some students were really stubborn. Some students talked with each other with a loud voice, some just whispered, some just sat there and read a novel, some threw paperplanes and crumpled paper at each other, some were looking at the mirror to check their appearance, some were just staring blankly at nothing, some were secretly listening to music in their earphones, some were sleeping already, and some were just looking at their teacher.

Mr. Ryouta sighed because of the mixed atmosphere. The noise was getting loud, and it really bothered him.

He took a deep breath before shouting, "Everybody quiet!" The students were completely startled by his sudden shout so they immediately came back to their senses and payed attention to him.

Mr. Ryouta cleared his throat. "Thank you for being obedient. Okay, so today before we start our class, I should check your attendance first. When I call your surname, you say 'present' understood?"

"Understood," the students said in unison, except for Suzu.

Mr. Ryouta then started calling the students' surnames, and as soon as he called, "Hirose," Suzu wasn't able to speak.

She hesitantly and slowly raised her hand to gesture that she's Suzu Hirose.

It was completely evident that Mr. Ryouta is confused just by the look on his face. "Why don't you just say 'present' Ms. Hirose?" Suzu just looked at her trembling hands, not knowing how and what to react.

Suddenly, a student spoke up. "Um, Mr. Ryouta, she's mute, that's why." Mr. Ryouta was a bit surprised, because he didn't expect it.

"Thank you for telling it," Mr. Ryouta then continued to call the other students' surnames and as soon as it reached the last student, Mr. Ryouta was bothered again.

"Yamazaki!" Mr. Ryouta called again, but the student didn't speak, instead, he just looked at him with his bored eyes.

Mr. Ryouta frowned. "Are you mute as well?" He asked Yamazaki.