Chapter Fourteen

I was trying to meet the rest of their crew, because I knew someday I'd be as forgotten as they are now. Fans liked me now, sure. They didn't even know that Zayn and I really were dating, something Zayn planned to fix soon. But for now, they liked me because I could dance, and because the boys did. Sure, there were haters. They didn't bother me anymore. But the crew members didn't have fans or haters. They were invisible to the rest of the world. Sure, the boys knew they were there. They even knew a lot of their names. But I felt like something should be done to bring them to light. To get them some fans and credit too.

That, and I got bored while the boys were on stage. There were only so many times I could watch the same show, and I'd reached my limit. They never called me back onto the stage, so once I'd changed into my normal clothes after I performed, I had time to just be me. And I wanted to see the crew members.

I started out right by the stage, just in case something came up and they needed me to fill in. There was a girl there who handed them mics when they needed new ones, and who handed and took Niall's guitar as needed. Her name was Lucie Celien. She was a sweet girl, but she was extremely shy. And she was the one who gave me my grand idea, a perfect way to make the crew known to the world. Sure, she didn't know what she'd said when my face lit up and I rushed off to find Paul, but I'm sure she knew it was something big.

My plan was interrupted when Louis accidentally ripped his trousers and they needed someone to fill in. Of course, instead of the other boys actually talking to the fans, they called me out to talk. So just as I reached Paul, he was getting the call to escort me to the stage. We walked right past Louis, who was getting a lecture from Lou about being more careful with her clothing, and he just winked at me. They'd planned this. I'd bet anything it was Harry's idea.

"And here she is! Come on out Haley!" Niall called, grinning at me. I frowned at him in confusion, but took the hand he offered to help me over the wires after Lucie had handed me a mic.

"What's going on out here then?" I asked into the mic, smiling out at the audience. They all cheered to me, which I was used to thankfully. "Can you not get through one concert without me? Don't tell me you've forgotten the dance?"

"We were hoping you'd dance with us for this next song!" Zayn told me, winking.

"That's what you've got the other girls for! You don't need me, I trained them myself last week," I reminded them sternly.

"Michelle broke her ankle last night bowling," Liam informed me calmly. "And nobody else but you knows this dance." Oh, of course it was Michelle they'd asked to sit out. She danced with Zayn, rather closely. I'd been jealous of her, but it was necessary. Seems that maybe somebody else noticed my jealousy.

"Oh, why not. Sure, I'll dance with you boys. Just this once, we're not making this a habit," I sighed. Then I turned to the crowd. "How 'bout it guys? Should I dance with them?" The cheering response was deafening.

Louis chose that moment to walk back out with new trousers on and a sheepish expression. "I didn't miss much, did I?" he asked, smiling at me.

"Nah, these losers just convinced me to dance with them is all," I shot back, rolling my eyes and trying not to laugh. Zayn hugged me from behind, chuckling in my ear so only I could hear.

"You get to dance with me, you know. And I have a surprise for you," he whispered. I smiled at him over my shoulder before grabbing his hand firmly and spinning out of his grip.

"Well let's get started then!" I called, then handed my mic off to Niall, who was collecting them from the others. They all had clip-ons, and I wouldn't need one. I wasn't going to be talking anymore, I'd be doing what I did best. Dancing.