Part One: The Hogwarts Express

Percy's POV

I pushed my trolley along, passing platforms two and three. Beside me pushing his trolley was my friend Grover and my half-brother Tyson. Grover and I had owl cages on top of our trunks. Tyson had a cat in one of those pet carriers. We hurried along, not wanting to miss our train—the train to Hogwarts, a school of witchcraft and wizardry.

It would be our first year going. I had found out I was a wizard about a month ago, but I was still excited to go.

Finally we got to platform nine. I spotted a boy with round glasses and a trolley with a snowy white owl. He was talking to a family with flaming red hair. Then the boy started running to the barrier in between platforms nine and ten. He disappeared when he "hit" the barrier. The redheaded family did the same.

I looked over at Grover who looked a little nervous. "You ready G-man? Tyson?"

Grover nodded didn't say anything. Tyson exclaimed, "As long as I'm with you, brother!"

"I can go first if you want," I offered.

"No, I'll go first." Grover took a deep breath and started walking toward the barrier, and then broke into a run. He disappeared.

I smiled and headed to the barrier, Tyson following.

I was now on platform 9 ¾ and I saw the Hogwarts Express getting ready to leave. I went over by Grover with his trolley smiling, and Tyson following me.

"That wasn't too bad," Grover admitted.

"Let's go find some seats on the train," I suggested, and we boarded the Hogwarts Express.

We looked for an empty compartment but couldn't find one. So we sat in a compartment with three people already in it. A blonde boy with glasses and blue eyes, a burly Asian dude with a buzz cut, and a boy who had curly brown hair and elfish features.

"Um, can we sit in here?" I asked.

They all turned to us. Finally the blonde boy shrugged and said, "Sure."

We walked in. The three of them helped us put our trunks up and stuff. I sat next to Grover and Tyson in the compartment.

"So are you guys all first years?" Grover asked, trying to break the ice.

"Yeah," the blonde guy said. "We were just talking about what house we might be in."

The curly haired elf kid leaned back and smiled in his seat. "I'm obviously going to be Gryffindor."

"Leo, you're probably a Hufflepuff." Asian dude rolled his eyes.

"No, you're probably going to be a Hufflepuff, Frank," Leo replied.
"What's wrong with Hufflepuff?" I asked.

"Well," The blonde guy said, "I personally think nothing's wrong with being a Hufflepuff, but I think Leo doesn't like it because he doesn't think that friends are important." The blonde kid smiled.

"Whoa whoa whoa," Leo said sitting up and putting his hands up in him defensively. "I value friendship, Jason. You don't think I wouldn't like to have you as a friend?"

Jason put his hand on Leo's shoulder. "I was just messing with you. I'm glad you're my friend too. Same with you, Frank."

Jason turned to Grover, Tyson and me. "So what are your guys' names?"

"I'm Percy Jackson," I introduced. "And this is my friend—"
"Grover Underwood," Grover said quickly. "Nice to meet you."

"And this is my half-brother Tyson," I said gesturing to Tyson.

"Hello!" Tyson waved.

"I'm Jason Grace." The blonde guy smiled. "That's Leo Valdez," Jason pointed to the curly haired elfish guy who made a peace sign, "and that's Frank Zhang." Jason pointed to the Asian dude who waved.