Chapter Two// thunder storms

short chapter alert!! Love you peeps!!

Chapter Two//Thunder Storms

After looking at these very strange paintings I finally just decide to make my dinner.

 I don't know what to make considering most of the food is still at the other house.

But I manage to find a couple of granola bars in a bag and a banana.

 I munch on one of the granola bars as I look around the kitchen. 

The kitchen has a very vintage kind of setting as well. I look at some tin cans next to a mouse trap in the corner and then dart my eyes to the stove.

 The stove is old and grimy and looks like it  hasn't been used in  forever. Which probably is just about right.

The house smells so weird in some rooms and in the kitchen it smells like a very old laundry mat. Like that very old sock smell. That sock you leave underneath the bed by accident and when you pick it up again, you almost faint by the smell. That is what the kitchen smells like. And it almost makes me regret ever actually coming in the kitchen.

I walk from the kitchen to where most of the boxes are in the living room and got the box labeled 'cleaning supplies'.

 In that box I found a can of air freshener. I walk back into the kitchen and while putting my nose underneath my shirt , I spray the kitchen with the lavender scent. 

After that I put the can on the counter and try to finish my dinner. Which is a pretty sad dinner if you ask me. 

Suddenly I hear a clash outside and come to realize it was thunder. It was very loud and felt like it was right on top of me. This scared me so bad that I dropped my banana on the floor. And I don't think I will eat off of it now because who knows when the last time this floor was cleaned.

The next clash I jump into the air a little. I am just not into the whole thunder storm idea and I always get scared by them. It kind of creeps me out and I have been this way ever since I was little.

I don't think I exaggerate as I say the next one was very scary.  The lights that were able to go on and off in the cabin were on but when this clash happens they all go out.

I look out of the old kitchen window and see that is pouring rain. Just what I wanted. To go and see where the breaker box is and in the process to get wet by it.

Not my best idea to wear a tank top today. Definitely not the best. 

I go to the front porch and brace myself as I run into the rain to look for the breaker box. I start looking at the front side and don't see it. I run to the back and try to cover my head and it isn't there. Could it be inside like most houses?  I didn't see one when I looked around just a while ago. I look all around the cabin and don't see it.

So I run back inside and try to find a flashlight. I couldn't find one but I did find this old lamp.I looked into the pantry and find nothing but a couple of old Spaghetti-O's cans. Those things haven't been in style for a long time.

I look into the all the rooms. I look into the last room on the hall and open the door. The painting of the boy still holds the place on top of the wall but I try to not look at it much and try to find the breaker box. Thankfully I find it in the corner. I open the box lid and then see the right buttons I have to push up. 

I push them up and then the house lights up again. But a clash of thunder rumbles through the house again.

 I groan to myself and see outside that there is lightening too. 

I put my hair up in a bun quickly and use my hair tie to bring it up fully. I hate how I got so wet from it. 

I go to the door and put the door knob into my hand. I feel the thunder this time like it shakes the house

. I turn around to see if the lightening is near and it is. I look outside of the window where the lightening has struck and my eyes go big.

The lightening has a figure right below it. 

And underneath that lightening is the boy.

short chapters just means longer chapters in the future I promise!! I love the feedback on this and on actually most of my stories. You all are awesome!! Don't forget I do shout outs!! So send me those names y'all!!

If I could click my fingers, I would make all your wishes come true- so best wishes to you!!

~Hannah