Chapter 7

'Josh' said Melanie

'Yeah' he replied woefully, still staring at the wall

'No Josh' she said, 'I'm serious, this is important. Look at me! I think I've just come up with like a theory! Oh my god! Yes! This makes sense!'
Melanie stood up abruptly and began pacing Josh's room, with a wide grin across her face.

'What?' He said sitting up.

'Do you remember like 5 or 6 months ago when Troye got into his 'spiritual phase' where he was convinced he could like 'connect' with those who passed?'

'Oh God' said Josh laughing lightly, 'I completely forgot about that'

'No, but do you remember how he was obsessed with the concept of 'soulmates'. That when two people connect on earth, the connection doesn't just disappear after death' she said looking at Josh eagerly.
She was so excited she looked as if she would start jumping at any moment.

'Yeah' said Josh, 'But what does this have to do with anything Mel'

'Think about it!' She said, 'You, and only you, can see Tyler. And so far I think I'm the only one that's seen Troye!'

Josh's looked as though they were about to pop out.

'Wait' he said looking at her, 'So that means that Troye is your 'soulmate' and Tyler is mine?'

Josh looked over at me.

We are soulmates.

The biggest smile spread across my face.

Josh was my soulmate. And I was his. We had connected on level so deep that even death couldn't separate us.

No wonder Mel was heartbroken over Troye's death. They were soulmates too. They loved each other in such a deep way, even if they were just friends.

This was beautiful!

It made sense. That's why Josh can see me, why he can touch me, why we can be together.
I loved him so so much.

Both Melanie and Josh sat there in awe, smiles spread wide across their cheeks.

'Aw! This is too cute I can't even deal guys!'

That voice.
I turned around to see none other than a familiar mop of curly brown hair.

Oh my god.

It was Troye!

It was Troye!!

He was here!

Oh my god!

I ran over to him so fast that we both fell over into a heap of laughter, limbs spread everywhere.

'Troye!' I screamed, 'Oh my god! You're here! You're here! Thank god!'

Troye grinned.

'Of course I'm here Ty, who else other than the Pastel Princess himself could rule this kingdom' he said with a wink.