Chapter 1

'Real'
riːl/
adjective

1. actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed.

'Hallucination'
həˌluːsɪˈneɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
1. an experience involving the apparent perception of something not present.

------------

Tyler?'

The boy with the brown hair stared at me his eyes bursting through his sockets.

He could see me.
He could see me!

Josh could see me!!

Was I still alive?

I looked around me. Searching for another set of eyes to meet mine.
I walked directly in front of my old middle school teacher but her eyes did not focus on me. I waved a hand in front of my Dad's bosses face. Nothing.

She couldn't see me. And neither could he.

The eyes of the boy with the curly brown hair were fixed on my every move as I passed different people in desperate attempts to see if I was really alive.

'J-Josh?' I replied wearily as I made my way back to the row of pews.
'Y-You can se-see me? How? What is
g-going on?'

Silent tears began to slide down his face.

My beautiful Josh. He could see me.
I could see him. Oh my god.
This was amazing.
This was too good to be true.
To be real.
My Josh could see me.

I leaned forward placing my hand to his cheek, my weak attempt to catch is tears.

I pulled my hand back immediately.

I could feel his cheek.

I could touch him.

I looked at my fingers as though they had been shocked.

He stared at me with wide eyes. He felt it too.

What the hell.

With that Josh stood up promptly looked to the church door before quietly walking towards it, gesturing for me to follow.

What on earth was going on?

--

'Tyler?' Said Josh quietly, as he eyed me up and down.

'Yes' I replied

'W-wha-'
'I have no idea'

'I can see you' he said, 'I can see you, and you can see me'

I nodded.

He stared across the street. I could tell by the absent look on his face that he didn't know how to take the situation.

I didn't know how to take the situation.

'I'm hallucinating' he said, 'Aren't I?'

'This can't be real. You're dead. You died. Right in front of me. I identified the body. I watched them bury you. You're dead. You're not real. You can't be real. You're dead' he said repeatedly, his head resting in his hands.

He squeezed his eyes shut, pushing his fists to his head.
'Tyler's dead. He's dead. He's dead. He's gone. He's not here. Stop it Josh. Stop it!'

'I-I-I'm here' I whispered
'I don't know how. But I am'

Josh looked up at me.

He could see me.

This was amazing.

His eyes grew sincere as he whispered,
'C-Can you not like, I don't know. Find peace or something? Cross over to heaven?' He said rubbing the back of his neck.

'I-I don't know' I replied, furrowing my eyebrows.

Should I not be here? Was this not where I was supposed to be?
It was so beautiful here though.

I was calm all the time. The air never felt heavy. The corners of everything were tinted with this energy force I guess you could say. Each corner of every building, every animal, every person, radiated a different colour, some even a bright, white light. It was truly beautiful to watch.
I could see everyone I loved.
I could see Josh.
Josh could see me.

Was this not peace? Was this not my heaven?

'How can you see me?' I asked staring at him
'I don't know.' He replied.

'I thought I seen you the other day, but I convinced myself it was a hallucination and when I had looked back up that day you had left.
But, this' he said gesturing to the space between us. 'This is too real, it can't be a hallucination.'

We both stared across the street.
Silent.
Shocked.

I turned to him after a while.

Tears were running down his face.

'Oh Josh' I whispered, wrapping my arms around him.
His tears turned to sobs and his shoulders began to shake. I could feel his sobs beginning from the core of his being as they radiated throughout his entire body.
'I'm here, Josh' I cooed, rubbing the back of his head.
'I'm here'

'I thought I'd never see you again' he sobbed.
'Tyler I love you so much'

I gently grabbed his face, looking directly into his tear-filled eyes.
'I have no idea what is going on Josh.' I said, 'I have no idea how long this is going to last with you being able to see me. But I want you to know that I love you so much that it hurts me. I want to thank you so much too, for the amount of love you gave back to me in that short space of time we had together on earth. I love you so much'
I leaned and placed a small kiss on his cheek.

'I love you'

'I love you too'

For the remainder of the sermon, we both sat outside. Silent, but in peace.
Josh did not let go of me once.
His arms  wrapped tightly around me.
And my arms were wrapped just as tightly around him.

-----

GUYS WHO'S BACK BACK BACK BACK AGAIN! Tis me my fellow children!
Didn't want to leave you all with a broken heart so I thought I'd continue the story to prove that even love conquers the distance of death (whoa damn Amy you got deep)
Enjoy xx