Chapter 13

Nicki
Driving in silence, papi was in the passenger seat. He held his Ninja turtle action figure in his hands & He stared down at it for awhile.

I continued to drive away & I could hear the police sirens getting further & further away from us.

Pressing my lips together I looked back down at papi.

We shared a glance. I looked Into his eyes, It was like he was trying to figure out if I was worried or not

On the inside I was hella nervous but I couldn't let him see that.

We broke the stare, but I could still feel him watching me. Its like he was trying to see if I was nervous about the situation or not. I didn't want my nervousness rubbing off on him, so I controlled myself

I repositioned myself to make it seem as if I was confident about this whole situation.

I felt myself getting stressed so, I pulled out a cigarette and placed it between my lips. Glancing over at papi again , I saw he was still looking up at me.

I sighed as I removed the cigarette from my lips. Stuffing it back in the box, I continued to drive.

As we got further away, I remembered the number that Meek gave me to call & what he had said.

"Call me, if I don't hear from you in ten minutes I'm coming back for you."

Pulling the piece of paper out along with my phone. Papi saw that I was struggling with doing that and driving so he grabbed the paper and called out the numbers for me.

The number was dialed and it was now ringing. The phone up to my ear I heard it ring again , Worry took over my body as it rung over & over again. My lips were parted and my eyebrows were furrowed.

"Please pick up , please pick up"  I mumbled to myself as my heart rate increased

"You all clear?" His deep voice roared through the phone

I sighed in release & felt a hundred pounds lifted off my shoulders

"Yeah," I sighed out again with a smile on my face "we're clear,"

I blushed at the sound of his voice

"How's it going?" I asked not really expecting a good answer but I had my hopes high.

I could hear the police sirens & helicopters in the background , His breathing was normal like he didn't have a worry in the world.

"Its going good, these niggas still on my ass but Ima get rid of they ass in a little." He said confidently

His voice sounded a little shaky but you wouldn't know if it was from the bumpy road or him actually being scared

"Hold on babe," he spoke

The line went quiet and my worries came running back

The sirens got louder than before. It sounded like there were now more cops after him. All I could hear was Sirens , tires screeching , & Wind blowing through the phone. It sounded like some shit you'd see on television or a video game.

I heard his voice come through the phone again

"Aye nic, what's it's gonna be like in Hawaii?" He asked making my heart skip a beat. 

My cheeks turned a bright red from how hard I was blushing and my dimples poked out even more.

"It's going to be beautiful" I tilted my head in happiness as I pictured Hawaii.