Chapter XIX

Scarecrow was apprehended just like the rest of the super villains

Scarecrow was apprehended just like the rest of the super villains. All the bombs, watchtowers, APCs, and Tanks were all demolished. Gotham City is save for another day. Sara and Jason had got off of Arkham Island and were on a nearby rooftop by GCPD. Everyone knew now that the famous Dark Knight, was Bruce Wayne. "Just wait here, I need to see what's going to happen now." Sara told Jason as she headed to the building's rooftop where Bruce was standing.

"You did it Bruce. Scarecrow has been stopped." Sara said.

"I couldn't have done it without you." Bruce told her. "Take care of him, Sara. Take care of Jason. You're the only one who can."

"Of course." Sara said.

"Lucius has something for you at Wayne Tower. This is the end, Sara. Goodbye." Bruce told her before he went went up in the Batwing, holding his car. Sara saw the Batman cowl by her feet and whipped around to see the Bat Signal explode, breaking it. Sara didn't understood what he meant at first, but now she did. He was saying the same thing to Dick after they finished Cobblepot. "BRUCE!" She yelled at the top of her lungs as he flew back to Wayne Manor.

Sara called Alfred and asked if it wasn't true. "I'm afraid that it is, miss, Master Bruce has already activated Knightfall." Alfred confirmed.

"There has to be another way-"

"I'm sorry, Miss White. I must leave, Master Bruce has arrived." Alfred hung up on her.

"Alfred? Damn it!" Sara called out in frustration before heading back to Jason, but he didn't notice. She raised her eyebrow in confusion as he then guided her to one of the many screens around Gotham that showed the news. "Look."

The news was all directed at Wayne Manor as a bunch of news reporters were all outside his house as the Batwing landed on the lawn. The camera zoomed up on Bruce as he walked up to the door and opened it to reveal, Alfred. They soon walked inside and not a second later, it blows up.

Wayne Manor was destroyed. Alfred was gone. Bruce was gone.

Sara broke out in tears as she was pulled into a hug by Jason, comforting her. She understood that since people know the truth, it would never be the same. A couple of minutes passed for Sara to contain herself and stopped crying. "Come on, there's one more stop before we go home." The two then headed to Wayne Tower to meet with Lucius.

"Ah, Miss White. I've been expecting you." Lucius said as the two entered through the same entrance she went in earlier. He noticed Jason, and Sara saw this. "It's okay Lucius. He's fine." She told him.

"If you say so, Miss White. I have something for you. Mister Wayne had it custom made to fit only you. He asked me to give this to you if there was any reason, the Batman or Bruce Wayne had to disappear." She walked over to Lucius pressing a secret button and a pod came out and opened up to reveal a new suit.

"Mister Wayne thought it be a good idea to give you your very own, so you could put Miss Gordon's to rest. Especially after the events of the Cloudburst messing up your suit." It's similar to the one she was wearing now but it had new suit materials the same as Bruce's new suit he received earlier tonight. The only differences were that she no longer had a cowl, instead it was a black domino mask, like Robin's but feminine. The next thing was that instead of the yellow colored bat symbol, boots, utility belt, and gauntlets. It was now a dark grey. "It's amazing. Thank you Lucius." Sara told him.

"You're welcome, Miss White. Though it still needs some work before it's finished. I'll have it sent to you when that time comes." He told her.

"Of course. Well it's been a long night, be sure to get some rest. You need it." Sara said as her and Jason began to walk out. "Same for you Miss White." He called and as the two left.

"Now where?" Jason asked.

"Home." Sara answered.

The two then headed back to Sara's apartment and Jason observed it. "Looks the same." He walked into the hallway where it led to the two bedrooms and bathroom.

Jason noticed her room was clean and hadn't been touched for a few years. It looked like it was collecting dust. "Sara, your room." Sara walked up to see her room as well and shrugged. "I haven't really slept in there since, well..." Jason didn't need her to finish.

"Then where did you sleep, if not here? Wayne Manor?" He asked.

"No." Sara said before going to the next room and opening the door for him. "Here." Jason walked in to be met with a blast to the past. It was his room, his room before he was taken by Joker, his room where he came to sleep in when he snuck out of Wayne Manor to see her. It was dirty, it wasn't from her, but from him. A few clothes scattered around the floor and such. She didn't change any of it.

"Well, it's been a hell of a night, I'm going to take a shower. I reek of sweat and dirt, and especially you smell bad too." Sara said as she walked out to gather her fresh undergarments and pajamas to change into after.

"Is that your way of inviting me to join you?" Jason shouted with a smirk on his face as he walked to his closet on impulse to look for something to change into as well, but mostly to check on something.

"Real smooth, Todd." She shouted back.

Reaching at the top of the closet, Jason pulled out a small box and brushed off the dust, meaning it hadn't been discovered. He opened it to look at the content before quickly closing it and putting it back as he heard Sara run the shower.

Jason was happy to be back home.