Chapter V

Batgirl grapneled all the way to the top of Wayne Tower until she was outside on the balcony of Bruce's office

Batgirl grapneled all the way to the top of Wayne Tower until she was outside on the balcony of Bruce's office. The glass door slid open as the security was down for the moment seeing how Batman and Batgirl was present. Lucius looked up to see Sara. "Ah good to see you again Miss White. I believe the new modifications to the suit are living up to your expectations?" He questioned as she walked in.

"Very, thank you Mister Fox." She told him and walked over to Bruce who was typing something in his computer. Locating the last known broadcast of the Arkham Knight.

"Oh, I've waited long enough, Batman dies tonight." The Arkham Knight's voice speaks on the computer as Bruce locates the source.

"Scanning communications for voice print match." The Batcomputer's voice said as it pin pointed a location on Miagani Island. "Location verified."

"Got it the Knight's transmitting from the Miagani tunnel network." Batman said and Lucius looked up and began talking about upgrades for the Batmobile and Bruce quickly chose the CPU Virus. "Good choice, Mister Wayne. I'll get right on that for you." Lucius said and Batman began to walk out and Batgirl followed.

"Nice to see you again, Mister Fox. Wished it was in a better time than this." Sara told him. He nodded and smiled, "Same to you Miss White, same to you." He said and she directed her attention on to Bruce as the security system was back up on Wayne Tower closing the entrance they used. "Alfred. I've traced the Arkham Knight to the Miagani tunnel system." Batman spoke contacting him.

"Excellent news, sir, but I'm detecting a significant drone presence in the area. It would be folly to engage them without the Batmobile." Alfred said. "Noted." Batman replied.

"Shall I open the south entrance?" Alfred asked. Bruce put a smirk on his face, "Hold off until I get there, Alfred. I don't want to spoil the surprise." Batman said before turning to Sara.

"You're staying out of this." Bruce told her. "With the Arkham Knight, telling all his militia to be on the lookout for you and turn you in. Things will get dangerous and I can't afford to lose another partner."

Batgirl sighed and shook her head, knowing he was right. "Got it. Anything you want me to look into? I have Intel on the mutilated bodies but it's in Founder's Island and that place is the Militia's strong point so no point going there now until that's taken care of."

"Head back to GCPD and talk to Cash. He said that the Mad Hatter turned himself in and turns out he's taken hostages. I want you to take over that case." Batman told her.

She nodded at the order, "Just be careful going in there Bruce." Sara said before gliding off towards GCPD.

•~★~•

The Militia's commander was hiding in a room waiting to surprise attack Batman. Oh he knew he was coming in the tunnels to exploit their work. Why there were so many men preparing a few tanks to take him out then and there.

"The old man is dying tonight, I don't care what Scarecrow says." The Arkham Knight's computerized voice whispered as Batman snuck past all the guards and tanks and popped out into the control room from a floor crate. 'Predictable.' He thought before taking out one of his dual handguns and shooting the floor in front of Batman as he jumped out of hiding. Catching the Dark Knight off guard he landed a hard punch and Batman fell down.

"Oh no, no, you're not going anywhere, old man." The Knight said as he stepped on the Bat's chest when he tried to get up. "Tri-weave, titanium coated, armor plating. Nice. Unless you know exactly where to... Shoot." He said as he observed the new Batsuit before placing his gun on an area and shot Batman's side. Pain filled in him as the bullet pierced his skin.

"You're good, Dark Knight. Even better than I remember. It's going to make it even more satisfying when I kill you." The Arkham Knight said as he got off of Batman and walked a bit. "Don't worry about Barbara. I'll take better care of her than you ever did."

"Your new Batgirl is next on my list Dark Knight. By the end of tonight, you will have nothing left." The Arkham Knight began to walk off out of the room not caring about Batman putting a syringe in him to make the pain go away as he went to stand back up. "Batman's in the control room. Show him what happens when he messes with my city." He said to his guards and went to evacuate the tunnels.

•~★~•

After talking to Cash and interrogating Jervis about the hostages Sara was able to find at least two cops. After defusing the bombs that were rigged to blow, she opened the squad car's trunk. 'I'm getting a bit annoyed at the Mad Hatter's antics' The siren on the cop's car blaring out loud. Sara was just walking away from rescuing the cop near Panessa Studios when the Batmobile showed up to reveal Bruce getting out. "Take it the run in didn't go to well?" Sara asked as she noticed the bullet wound.

"I'm fine." He said and noticed my work on the case. "I found two out of the three hostages. But as I go the defusing keeps getting trickier." Batgirl told him.

"I'll handle it. I received Intel about how the militia have been gaining their weapons." He began.

"Cobblepot." Sara said out loud and Bruce narrowed his eyes at her. "I told you I'd keep away but didn't say anything about hearing their plans."

"Nightwing has been working on this case and tracked him here. Looking for North Refrigeration trucks. I sent you the location to meet up with him to give you the Intel." He said before heading back to his vehicle.

"I thought you wanted me to stay out of the Knight's path?" She asked him. "We both know he's not going to make an appearance for Penguin. Besides I need the Batmobile to take out some APCs the militia has across the city." Batman said before driving off.

"Well this will be a nice reunion." Sara said before she grapeneled to a high building and glides her way over to Ranelagh Ferry Terminal to meet up with Dick.