Sara looked at him in confusion as she stood up and then widened her eyes as she saw him take off his helmet and looked at her with his face. She choked on air.

His black hair.

His green eyes.

The J shaped branded scar on his face.

"Jason?!?!" She breathed out. "No. No. NO! This, it can't be- stop it's just me affected by Scarecrow's toxin, isn't it. You were- I SAW YOU DIE! My heart broke multiple times at the thought of you dead!" Sara stuttered as she stepped back as he stepped forward. Her back hits against the wall, and he closed her in the space.

"It's me, Sara. It's really me." He whispered as he caresses her cheek. She stared up at him before burying her head in his armor plated chest and he just held on to her for the first time in many years.

A Militia member enters, interrupting the reunion as he speaks, "Sir, Batman's here. The excavator is ready."

"Thank you." Jason said with his helmet back on and his voice disguised. He then had to let go of Sara and leave to deal with Batman. He was going to pay.

•~★~•

Batman had been able to escape him again far too many times. At least his Batmobile was demolished. The Arkham Knight had moved to the room where the Commissioner was being held captive as he knew Bruce would go there.

He entered just as the old man was about to free the commissioner. "Turn around." The Arkham Knight ordered as he raised a gun at him. Bruce slowly turned around and faced him, "Who are you?" Batman asked the Knight.

"You really have no idea, do you, Bruce?" The Arkham Knight's voice went normal mid-sentence as he raised the helmet and showed his face.

"Jason? But... you're dead." Bruce couldn't believe it.

The Militia Commander circled him as he still had the gun pointed at his old mentor, father like figure. "What's the matter? Lost for words? I expected more... I'm hurt." Jason sarcastically said.

"Joker sent me the film. I saw him kill you." Bruce told him.

"DON'T YOU DARE LIE TO ME! How long did you wait before replacing me? A month? A week? I trusted you... And you just left me to die!" Jason yelled in rage. "That's not what happened." Batman exclaimed.

"You always told me Bruce... focus on what I want to achieve... and it'll happen. Well you want to know what I want now, huh? I want you dead." Jason said as he stepped up and brought the gun closer and placed it under Bruce's chin, lifting it.

Batman pushed the arm with the gun out of his way and head butts Jason, causing his Arkham Knight helmet to get damaged. Jason slide back and kneeled before pulling out his other pistol before shooting it at the spot where Batman was but, realized he was hiding.

"You can't hide from me! I will hunt you down!" Jason roared as he fixed his dual pistols and merged them together, forming a sniper. He then grabbed the Arkham Knight's helmet piece off and throws it to the ground before putting on the remaining piece. A red helmet that lit up, but had no light up eyes to show and he grapneled to a gargoyle as a vantage point, and took a sniping position. After a short while of Batman sneaking up to try to talk him down, Bruce had enough. He grapneled to the gargoyle where Jason was on and pushed the sniper rifle out his hands, causing it to fall. Jason went to punch him, but Batman caught his wrist and punched him in the face. Jason was backed against the wall as Bruce pushed him by the chest and ripped off the Arkham Knight logo of Jason's chest armor.

"You're Robin, Jason. You're not what he made you!" Batman told him.

Jason pushed Bruce back. "Stop! Stop talking to me!" He slammed into Batman causing the two to fall off the gargoyle and onto the ground. Batman quickly got on top of him and raised his fist but faltered as Jason's electronic helmet broke, making his face somewhat visible. Bruce stood up and stepped back a bit so Jason could sit up.

Eyes that showed pain. "You did this to me!"

"I'm sorry." Bruce whispered. "You left me to rot in that abandoned wing of Arkham... for over a year... with HIM!" Jason pointed his normal pistol at him.

"It's not too late. We can fix this... Together." Bruce told him as he held out his hand for Jason to take. The former Robin put down the pistol but didn't take the hand. Bruce turned away to contact Alfred about the news.

Sara had managed to sneak past all the guards where she was being kept and ran into the area and saw them a few feet away. She saw Jason pick himself up and went to leave without Batman noticing. She had secretly followed him as he left the abandoned shopping mall and was currently on a rooftop. "Jason, wait!" She called out to him and he turned around, surprised to see her.

"What do you want?" He asked her coldly.

Sara sighed, "I lost you once Jason... I'm never letting you go."

"What if I don't want that?" Jason snapped. Sara wasn't hurt by this, even though Joker hallowed him out and filled him with hate, she knew this was the real Jason talking. Sara was used to him shutting himself off around others when he's vulnerable. "We both know that you don't mean that." Sara told him, stepping closer as he didn't back away.

Jason stared at her before giving a small smile. "I'm sorry."

"What will you do now?" Sara asked as she slowly came up close to him and rested her hands on his chest, his immediate reaction to put his on her waist. "I don't know. Change, try to get rid of all this anger. Whatever I'll be doing, I just want you there. You complete me, Sara." Jason told her.

Sara then pressed the button that lifted the helmet off his face and she slowly fully took it off, making her able to see his black hair and dropped it to the ground. He then moved his hands and lifted her cowl and slowly let it slip between his fingers. Her dark hair fully exposed.

The two stared into each other's eyes before Jason, being his impatient self, scooped her up and brought his lips down on hers. Sara's brain and heart went haywire as she is officially reunited with her lost love.