Chapter 5 ~Arrival~

Olivia sat on her horse right next to her father as she looked onwards. It was her first expedition outside of the walls and she was excited but also very worried.

After she had told Eren about the supposed murder that someone was plotting, he immediately went and told Commander Erwin and he went and told everyone else to be on high alert.

"You ready Olivia?" Eren asked his daughter with a smile.

Olivia nodded and looked upwards at the fifty meter high wall.

"I've been waiting for this for so long...I can't believe it's finally happening."

"Yeah...but remember to stay on high alert. Watch out for anyone who could be threatening you, me, Farlan, or Levi. Or anyone else in the Survey Corps for that matter."

"Gotcha. I would never let my family down."

Olivia gave Eren a thumbs up and he did so as well in return. Eren looked forward and Olivia looked behind her and at her mom. Levi had a slight look of worry on his face.

"Hey everything will be okay mom," Olivia said in a soothing voice," I'll protect you out there."

"I know you will but I'm worried about what could happen to you, your brother, or your father. We are venturing out to a newly found settlement which is beyond Wall Maria and in the middle of titan territory plus we have a murderer on the lose...I'm just worried something might happen to one of you and I won't be able to stop it..."

"Hey," Eren said softly as he turned around to face Levi," everything will be okay baby. I promise."

Levi nodded and looked forward. Eren and Olivia did the same.

"THE EIGHTY SEVENTH SCOUTING EXPEDITION OUTSIDE THE WALLS WILL BEGIN NOW!"

Olivia listened to the commander shout the words to be ready.

"MOVE OUT!"

With those words, everyone started to charge forward on their horses. Olivia hit the reigns on her horse and sped forward next to her father. She looked up as she passed under the wall then had to block her eyes from the sun.

"Wow," she said when she opened her eyes.

Eren smiled at his daughter then continued to speed forwards. Olivia looked around in awe as she passed trees and green grass. There were many birds flying around and chirping.

"It's amazing..." Olivia said.

"Isn't it?" Eren responded," I remember my first time adventuring outside Wall Maria. It was like all the other scouting expeditions had never existed...it was the first time I had actually adventured outside of the walls completely."

"I...I don't know what to say...it's just absolutely beautiful..."

"MOVE INTO FORMATION!"

Levi, Eren, and Olivia all exchanged glances before they all moved into the formation. They were all in a squad together along with Jean, Sasha, Connie, Armin, and Mikasa.

"Move forwards with the formation until further directions are given!" Eren yelled to his squad.

"Yes sir!" they all yelled in unison.

Olivia and Levi giggled a little bit and Eren looked at them with a confused look.

"What's so funny?" he asked.

"It's just that it's the first time I've ever had to call you sir," Levi said," it's always been the other way around."

Eren smiled.