Chapter 12- The Pennimans

*+*+*+*+*+*+

I checked myself in the mirror one more time. Today I was wearing a white shirt with a yellow smiley face on it, some skinny black jeans and pink high top shoes. I combed my hair, leaving the knots out but had no idea what to style it. I groaned and put my brush away in a basket.

I walked in the living room and saw Mica putting our books inside a blue book bag. I took my keys from the kitchen table and put them inside my pink purse, and also my wallet. Me and Mica got our pay checks yesterday Friday. It was a good amount of money, so we were good to go.

And yes. Today is the day where I go to Micas house again and probably gonna be remembered by his family. And I also I wondered if Mica ever told them were coming over there.

"Hey, Mica. Did you let your mum know if we're gonna be there?" I asked, pushing the L button in the elevator. Mica starred at me and shrugged.

"No, it's going to be a surprise. Just wait until they see you. They had been wondering about you all these years..." He trailed off again. I think that he's thinking about the times where he was all alone without me even being there. Even though we live in the same city.

We walk out the dorm building and made our way to the bus stop. I sat beside a window as Mica sat next to me, starring out at the window like me.

Until when my hair was being pulled again to the back, by the hands of Mica. He grabbed another of his hair tie thingies and then he put my hair up and did it as a bun. How does he know how to do cute hairstyles? He's better than me.

"Thanks." I mumbled quietly. Mica smiled at me and looked at the other side of the bus. All I did was look at the different buildings of London. What an amazing city but filled with strange people, well so far with the three drug addict girls.

My eyes stayed starring at the sights of the neighbor hoods. I watched as some people walk their dogs, two adults swinging their little girls arms from their hands. Which made me remember the time when I was five and my mother and father grabbed my hands and swung me back and forth. Until that one day, on my sixth birthday, my mum was drunk and she knocked up with my dads close friend, my dad told me the whole story when I was thirteen. He caught them in the kitchen closet. So he kicked her out and finished the party without mentioning what had happen.

That was the worst birthday ever. And that wasn't the first time she did those things. Like when I sleep at my grandmas house in the night and when my dad works late, she will go clubbing with guys and comes back early in the morning before my dad will come home.

I ignored the thoughts and what came to view was a couple, the man had his arms around a women's waist while her head was on his shoulders. Will I ever have that kind of love with...Mica? How will I put my feelings about him? I don't even know if Mica likes me back. And if he does, I'll wait until he says he likes me. And that I will finally use the word love.

"We're here." Mica shook my shoulder. I get my heads out of the clouds and stretched. We both walked out the bus and I see the park where I met Mica. He walked in front of me as I followed behind him. And as soon we got close to his house, the more I feel nervous. What if they don't like me?  Or they don't remember me, or they won't care? My heart was beating so fast. But I immediately hid behind Mica as he knocked on the door.

I heard the door open but didn't see who did. "Mica! How are you? What are you doing here?" A lady's voice came.

"I'm doing great. But guess who I found?" He said, and he moved in front of me and held his hand out to me to grab. I slowly grab onto it and smiled at the lady. Then I knew who it was, the sweet little girl Yasmine who was now a woman. And she looked at me with a confused look, until it slowly went to surprise.