Chapter Ten

I yawned, trying to stretch but for whatever reason couldn't seem to. Slowly, I opened my eyes and realized it was due to four other forms fighting for space on the bed.

Dwayne laid facing me, David behind me, Marko was wrapped around like a cat in the middle and Paul laid spwarled out next to him, arms everywhere, lightly snoring. Crazy night I guess.

It had to have been because I can't remember much of it. There's not hurt in trying at least.

There was the drink they gave me and then we went into the main cave... We were dancing and there's a few more blanks... we went for a ride? For food? Then to Hudsons's bluff? Why?

Then David's words came back to me. "Want to learn how to fly?"

Flashes of the lighthouse's light took over, replacing the blankness.

"So what are we doing out here?" I ask, holding David's hand.

"Cliff diving. It's just like flying,"

"Is it safe?"

"Not if you don't do it right,"

"I've never done it before,"

"It's scary at first but it feels like you're flying,"

"Okay... Promise everything will be alright?"

"I promise. Just pull up,"

"What do you me-" and I was cut off by David pushing me backwards off the cliff.

I could hear Dwayne, Marko, and Paul laughing after me. And suddenly they appeared beside me.

"Pull up princess,"

"Come on babe it's simple,"

"You can do it Angel,"

And suddenly David appeared over me. He caressed my cheeks lovingly, "Be one of us doll."

And they disappeared and I could hear the crashing waves getting closer. I panicked and began hyperventilating and crying as I fell fast. Someone in me pulled up like they said. All too quickly the sound of water was farther away. Opening my eyes, I was indeed flying, back up to the top of the cliff.

I touched the ground lightly, afraid it wasn't real. That maybe I'd died on impact against the water. I didn't. The rocks under my feet were real and so was the air and the light from the lighthouse. I was shaking and crying hard. I attempted to take a step away from the edge but my legs shook and I tripped. I cut my knees in the rocks and pulled myself away from the edge. I brought my knees to my chest and cried. It was only me up there, the boys weren't in sight.

"You're one of us doll. You'll never grow old and you'll never die." David appeared out of nowhere and was wrapped around me suddenly. An arm around my waist and a hand on my cheek, sweetly caressing me again.

"Promise?" I sniffed.

"We'd all die again before we let anything happen to you," and a chorus of agreement followed.

I was slowly but surely surrounded by the four and it all seemed to fade in my mind the closer David's lips got to mine.

If the film like memory is real, then David has some real expalining to do. Hell, they all do! I'm not sure what I'm more pissed about, getting pushed rather than jumping off the cliff, or actually being able to fly. How the fuck is that possible?

The more I thought about it, the angrier and angrier I got. I almost forgot I was in bed with them. My anger nose, more than I thought possible and I started squirming. Those touching me tightened their grip. I wiggles in David's arms and kicked the covers off of us. Whichever way I wiggled, up or down, his grip wouldn't let me escape.