Ch. 42

-Maddy's pov-
I woke up and checked the time and weather on my phone.
8:55 p.m. 65 degrees.
I forgot for a split second that it was really close to winter. I smiled to myself. Winter equals December which equals Christmas.

"Chris?!" I yelled seeing if he was here. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I smiled but then that smiled faded when I remembered I called Hayes because I didn't feel good earlier.
"Oh, right....hey." I said. He waved.
"What's up? You good?" He asked coming to me to feel my head. I nodded.
"I'm fine. Thanks." I said. He smiled and turned around.
"Hayes, wait." He stopped and turned around.
"Yup?" He asked, his eyes wandering across the room.
"I'm sorry....about everything that has happened. Can we be friends?" I asked. He smiled, his blue eyes lighting up with excitement.
"I'm sorry too. Yes of course we can definitely be friends." He said coming over to hug me. I stood up and wrapped my arms around him when I heard the door creak open.

"What the hell?!" I heard Chris' voice. I jumped at the sound of him yelling. Hayes jumped also, pulling away from the hug.
"Hey Chris." I said. He furrowed his eyebrows, looking at me then Hayes. Me then Hayes.
"Don't 'hey Chris' me. What was going on here?" He asked playing with his lip ring. His eyes were slowly getting watery and he still was looking from me to Hayes.
"He was hugging me because we are friends now. And if you got a bad feeling about that than I'll leave." I said. I was serious, because I, in all honesty, wanted to make up with Hayes because I love him still. Sure, we will fight and argue along the time we have together but I will always love Benjamen Hayes Grier.

"Well, Maddy. I do have a problem with that. One, he is disgusting to you! He has a control problem with his attitude and of course his man period. And two, I hate the guy!" He said gesturing towards Hayes.
"Then Chris," I said rubbing my mouth with my hand, "I guess I'm going to leave now.. You can't respect my friends, then I cannot in no way respect you. I'm sorry. But, Hayes is my friend. And I know. You were my best friend...but Chris. We've grown apart in those many years we've been away from each other. Me and Hayes? We have a connection. I am very sorry if I hurt you. But I'm leaving with Hayes." I said looking at Hayes. He looked speechless. More clueless then speechless though. He had no idea that I just said that. I had no idea I would ever say those words aloud, let along in front of Hayes. I quickly got a bag and grabbed the clothes I had here and stuffed them in the bag. I grabbed Hayes' arm and left Chris standing in his room, pushed off at the both of us. Hayes got in the truck and I followed.

"Okay. Can you just fill me in on what you think? Because I honestly think that you back there was incredibly hot." I laughed and looked over at him. But only Hayes Grier would be checking me up and down. Head to toe. He smiled a toothy smiled and winked at me. I felt my fave burn up and I put my hands in my lap.
"What? Am I not 'incredibly hot' all the time?" I asked, gesturing at my whole body.
"Oh no, trust me. You are." He said biting his lip. I playfully slapped his arm and told him to drive. He laughed and we were in our way to his house thankfully.
-------
(A/N---so guys....I have a feeling I'm ending this at the 50th chapter and I'm going to let you guys make the trilogy for this sequel! Message me if you're interested...but if you want to do it without H messaging me its fine. You're allowed. I am going to wrap it up and I'll talk to y'all later✌🏼️hannah)