The girl opened her eyes to see the tall stranger from before, looking down at her with surprise; she returned the gaze.

"Oh..! Thank you!"

He smiled and lightly put her down, while she gave a nervous laugh.

"Rough day eh sheila?"

She gave a smile, starting to pick up the boxes she dropped again.

"Oh no, this happens everyday. I'm really clumsy so this isn't very new"

Sniper looked down at the girl's knees, and saw that they were littered with all kinds of bruises, scratches and bandaids.

"Really? Oi... um.. sorry 'bout that.. Oh, uh.. a whoile ago-"

"Oh it's fine! It was my fault, I kinda end up bumping into people like that.."

Sniper gave an awkward smile, unsure of what to say.

"Well, at least I got to meet someone nice today! That doesn't really happen often!"

The girl smiled at Sniper, and he did the same.

+++

Ever since then, Sniper had a reason to linger just a little longer at Malien's.

He and the girl would exchange hearty hellos and exchange a word or two, perhaps of the weather or new stock items.

(Y/n), as she introduced herself, turned out to be quite a delightful girl. Despite her frequent mess ups and her strange streak of misfortune, she managed to bounce back on track, a smile playing around her lips, her face bright with joy.

Sniper has so far stopped her from being run over by other carts, being toppled over by falling boxes, slipping on wet floor, or just saving her from herself.

(Y/n) had mentioned several times that he helped her get through the day, always smiling up at him when he held her in his arms before she crashed into some hard inanimate object.

She would always thank him with a giggle, sometimes a gentle pat on his shoulder with a small squeak of 'Mick!' which made his heart flutter.

It was another typical day, Sniper made his way to the store when (Y/n) smiled her familar dreamy smile, running towards him.

"Mick! Look I-"

She slipped once again and Mick held his arms out automatically, scooping her up in his arms.

(Y/n) took out two tickets from her pocket and held them up at Sniper.

"Look! It's the show I was talking about last time!! Let's go see it!"

Sniper chuckled.

"Bloody hell, Oi thought those were sold out! When's the date?"

"This Saturday, around 11 o'clock, we can watch it and grab some lunch afterwa-"

Sniper casually raised one hand and knocked the falling debris that fell from the ceiling away from (Y/n).

"Yeah, sounds good"

+++

Sniper met up with (Y/n) near the park. They had arrived a tad too early, so they decided to take a long stroll towards the theaters.