Heda

Octavia's PoV:
"I lied," Lexa said as soon as we were out of view from the others.
"Again?!" I stopped in my tracks and looked at her.
"Yeah, sorry," she looked at me, and she looked genuinely sorry, so I decided to let her speak. "I'm not the Commander of Polis. My father was. After his assassination by Chancellor Jaha at one of the Island Meetings, we decided it would be best not to have any more commanders. But, obviously, people like leadership. At first they looked at my sister, Anya, for guidance, for she was the eldest child of my father. But Anya refused to lead. She knew her fate could easily be the same as my fathers, and she wanted to make sure she was there for me. I was thirteen at the time. Instead of me, I pointed them in the direction of my girlfriend, Costia. She became Commander at 14, but was short lived. Like my father, she was assassinated shortly after her ascension. And it was my fault... Since then people have looked at me for leadership, but I don't want to be. I'll be killed. For now, I'm happy being the schools Sharpay Evans. I've said before I don't want to be Commander, but there's nobody left. Kane thought I was, and so I've used that to my advantage for quite a while. Anya has always disapproved, and said I was basically becoming Commander if I carried on pretending. So I'm not Commander of Polis. And that whole four randoms at birth wasn't true. Please don't tell anyone though."

I looked at her in curiosity for a few moments. This girl, so similar to me. She'd been put in a position she didn't want to take, but was being forced to. When I was younger, I was told I had to be a council member when I grew up. I was put in separate schooling from the other kids. Away from my brother. Granted, I met Clarke there, and she too hated being there and was doing everything she could not to be put on the council, but it wasn't working. If Bellamy and Raven hadn't helped us try and overthrow the council, we would be on there by now. But thankfully at fifteen we were sent to prison for attempting to assassinate the Chancellor.

"I won't say a word," I smiled at Lexa. She returned my smile.
"I need you to meet my friends," she said to me, and motioned for me to follow her. I obliged.

"You said you had a girlfriend, Costia," I said, hoping to get an insight on her private life. I'd seen the way Clarke looked at her, and I knew I finally had the opportunity to play matchmaker.
Lexa stopped and stiffened. "Costia was my girlfriend, yes. I've not had a relationship since, nor do I want one." She didn't turn around while talking to me, and then just continued walking.
You so will want one, I thought, smirking. Mission: Clexa is a go.

"This way," Lexa led me into a stone building that looked much more fitting for these surroundings.

It was creepily old, but had clearly been rebuild to be safer and more sturdy over the years. The inside was incredible. It was a huge round hall, with a plush red carpet and velvet sofas, which a few others were sitting on. There was a vintage coffee table near the sofas, and on it a case of roses. Strung up around the stone walls were photos of important looking men and women, including a small girl with straight blonde hair, who I assumed to be Costia. The photos must have been the previous Commanders. There was no upstairs to this beautiful building, but you could tell it was only meant for meetings. I assumed it was a school council gathering area, for it was still on the school site.

"Anya?" Lexa looked surprised at a dirty figure with black paint over her eyes and long, braided, dishwater blonde hair.
"You lost my horse," she smirked at Lexa. "I came here to check you were okay."
"Yeah, some Arkadia dick shoved me into him and he went running off," she mumbled, talking about my brother.
"Arkadia?" A woman with dark skin and war tattoos stood up in fury.
"Yes," Lexa said calmly. "Indra, sit down."
The woman, Indra, glared at me, but obediently sat back on her seat.
"Today, four Arkadia teenagers arrived in Polis. They were sent here by Chancellor Jaha as a punishment in hope we would kill them. I have with me Octavia, one who I believe would serve well on the council," Lexa looked at everyone. There was a strong tone of authority in her voice, and I wondered why she didn't want to be Commander. She would make a good one.
"You bought Arkadia here?" A bald man stood up in fury.
"Titus! Everyone remain seated," Lexa turned her head to glare at everyone in the room. Why was she protecting me?
"Why were you sent here?" Indra looked at me suspiciously.
"Our government is in chaos, and not many know," I began shakily. I noticed they all had weapons on them. "So myself, my brother and my two best friends tried to overthrow it. We failed, for unfortunately too many people like the Chancellor. So we were banished from Arkadia and told to begin a new life in this school here in Polis. We had no idea about any of this."
"She lies," Indra hissed at Lexa.
"I believe her," the final person sat furthest away from me finally spoke. I looked at him curiously. He was bald, like Titus, but had dark skin like Indra. He had strong muscles, and I felt a bubble inside me.
"I think we need to not jump to any conclusions as of yet," Anya said. "Lexa, Octavia, join us."
Lexa and I went and sat on the final unoccupied sofa.
"If there were four, why did you only bring one?" Indra looked directly at Lexa, but flashed a curious glance towards me.
"I saw something in Octavia that I did not see in the others," Lexa said. "The boy, Bellamy, seemed too reluctant to kill people. One girl, Raven, seemed like she didn't really know what she was doing. The last girl, Clarke," I noted Lexa's voice change slightly at her name, which made me smile. "Clarke was too much like me. She was a strong leader...and she also reminded me too much of Costia..."