39. I'll break up with you.

Daisyrae:

"Are you serious right now?" Brandy raised a thick eyebrow, looking over at me paste her frozen yogurt cup. I bit down on my lip gently, nodding my head. I was sort of scared to actually speak, I pissed her off enough already.

"You can't do that, Daisy. I haven't known you your whole life, but I know that going to Columbia is a big deal and you can't just throw that away because of some boy," She ranted, putting her spoon down.

I have been giving this whole situation a lot of thought. I wanted to stay here with Jason. Our relationship was just getting started and I didn't want to leave now. Especially when he just told me he loved me. It didn't see fair.

"He's not just some boy, Brandy. This is Jason we're talking about here," I spoke up, as if that was going to give reason to why I was thinking of staying; "Plus it will only be for a year." I was most definitely going to go to college, I was just planning on taking a year off.

"Nope. Absolutely not." She shook her head from side to side, waving her hands in front of her. "You can't do this to yourself, Daisy. I know being with Jason is great, but you need to think about your future here." She was trying to reason with me, but I had pretty much made up my mind.

Nobody could change it...except Jason. If he was to tell me that he didn't want me here and I had to leave, then I would go. I haven't told him that I was thinking about staying, yet.

"I've already made up my mind. I just haven't told him yet," I actually haven't told anyone yet. Brandy was the first person that I told and I didn't even mean to. She just asked me about college and I told her I might not go so soon and here we are now.

"Well, he's meeting us here, right? When is he coming?" She asked, picking her spoon back up. I watched as she twirled it around inside of her cup, looking up at me.

"He should be here any minute now," I nodded, glancing down at the that adorned my wrist. The one person that I was real afraid about telling was my mother. I knew she always had high expectations for me and to tell her that I was planning on taking a year off of college would sure set her off.

What people didn't understand was that this was my decision and I wanted to do this. I wanted to take a little break from school before I went straight back in. Was I wrong for that?

I quickly finished up my yogurt, getting up to go throw away my garbage. As I made my way over to the can, my eyes landed on Jason. He was talking intently to someone, but I couldn't really see who. I squinted my eyes out of habit, as if that would make it look clearer.

He nodded at whoever he was talking to, before walking away from them. His eyes searched the whole food court before they landed one me. He gave me a soft smile which I returned. I made my way over to him, stopping once I was standing in front of him.

"Hey, baby." He grinned, pulling up his sweatpants. I wrapped both of my arms around his shoulders, engulfing him in a warm embrace. I felt his chest vibrate, indicating that he was either laughing or say something.