c h a p t e r t w o

The woman named Tsukuyo had told the Yorozuya to flee Yoshiwara along with Seita.  Tsukuyo had explained to the boy of the happening when Hinowa risked her life to save him when he was born.  "Looks like we can't leave just yet," said Gintoki as he turned around to face a strange, tall, figure with an open umbrella that masked the top half of their body.  "An umbrella?  That couldn't possibly be..."  Kagura trailed off.  "Umbrella?"  [Name] repeated.  When the figure showed their face, it happened to be a male with long, hay colored haired that reached to his shoulders.  When she saw his face and his umbrella, it had finally clicked to her.  She had seen that face before somewhere.  She struggled to thinking of where she had met him but was soon cut off as she was brought back to reality as everything had happen so quickly.  The second she blinked, he and Tsukuyo had already begun to battle.
        Everyone had jumped out of panic as another enemy had come from below them.  The enemy popped out of the large pipe, stabbing his umbrella to Gintoki's stomach then kicked him out of his way by slamming him into the pipe.  "Gintoki!"  [Name] exclaimed and ran towards him with Kagura by her side.  "Gin-chan!"  Kagura also cried out.  "H-hey!  Get up, you damn idiot!"  [Name] panted heavily out of fear.  She watched as the new enemy, who appeared to be quiet large, made his way to the terrified Seita.  "Shit," she cursed and ran towards him in time.  She held the boy in her arms in a protective manner and looked at the man in a threatening way.
        "[Name]!"  Kagura called out to her but soon turned her attention to the new voice that popped up behind her.  Those ocean eyes and vermilion red hair had caused the both of them to lose a breathe of air.  To [Name], it felt as though time had stopped for a while as her own [color] eyes made contact with his.  Her head was spinning and she felt as though she could puke at any moment just by staring any longer at the man who had his face covered in bandages for unknown reasons.  She screamed out to the girl when the pipe that Kagura, Shinpachi, Tsukoyo, and Gintoki were on had started to collapse due to the strong impact the man had made.  His strength itself had frighten her.  Just how strong had he gotten after all these years?
        As the three Yato had made their way on over to her and Seita, she watched those dead eyes of his stare at her in wonder and curiosity.  When she saw the first man with the umbrella, she knew instantly where she seen that face.  She hated the fact that everything on that day had led up to haunt her again.
        As the vermilion haired Yato held out his hand that itched to touch her; she sent a glare at him.  "Don't you dare fucking touch me, Kamui."  She said his name with venom lingering on her tongue.  After many years, she finally said the name that scarred her.  Saying it felt like her tongue just tasted the most disgusting thing on this planet.  Much worse than Gintoki's or Hijikata's Special.  The royal blue eyed male grinned behind the bandages on the tough act she put on.  He grabbed onto her arm with a tight grip and ripped her away from the little boy that was in her arms.  "Let's go make up for lost time," he said with such delight in his voice.

        "I'm pretty starving, what about you?"  Asked the tall male who walked by her side as he took off the bandages on his face and let his hair freely come out.  She glanced at his cowlick then his braid in awe of how he still kept it like that.  At least that's one thing that hasn't changed, she thought.  "Are you going to talk or are you going to ignore me the rest of the way?"  He asked her which sounded like an annoyed kid.  "There's nothing to talk about.  You can tie me up for all I care, that's still not going to solve the fact that you're going to get your head bashed sooner or later."  She said as she turned her attention away from him.
        "Are you going to be the one to bash my head?" 
        "I wish," she muttered.
        "Exactly, you're still far too weak to do so."  She bit the inside of her lip of how true his words were.  She didn't want to let it get to her but she knew she couldn't run away from him for she knew he would stop her no matter what she did.
        As she was put in a empty room with the Yato, he opened the balcony door to stare down at the lights of Yoshiwara.  "You're mad, aren't you?"  He asked, breaking the silence between them both.  "What's with all these questions?"  She said.  But he wasn't completely wrong on his question, either.  He turned around and walked his way to her then sat down facing her.  "Wh-what?"  She stared back at him as he cupped his cheeks with his palms, and his elbows resting on his knees; his legs set in a crisscross position.  "You've gotten prettier," he said out of thought.  She felt her cheeks burning from his words.  She narrowed her eyes at him and asked of what brought him to say such things.  He didn't answer but asked another question that completely caught her off guard, "Do you hate me?"
        She nearly choked on her own words as she thought of something to say.  "Are you?"  He asked again as he set his hands down and leaned over to place his forehead against hers.  She let out a small, soft gasped as his eyes stared into her [color] orbs.  She hesitantly brought her hands up to touch his cheeks, to feel his silky skin on her fingertips again.  Nothing had came into mind to answer his question.  She wanted to tell him her emotions she's felt this entire time ever since he left.  She felt pissed off, completely scarred, even scared, but most of all—emotionally damaged.  His voice, his touch, his skin, everything of him was enough for her to completely break down right then and there.
        Her eyes, half lidded, began to close as she felt his lips cover over her own.  Tears that she had been holding back for so long had start to drip down one by one; they explained everything to him of how she felt.  The pang of guilt shot through him when he saw them drop.  He traced the side of her jawline with his thumb and was able to catch a single tear that had fallen.  He held her trembling form in his arms and let her hand rake through his bang.  She broke from his kiss and hanged her arms over his strong shoulders as she rested her head against his chest.  The sweet smell of him made her feel calm again.  She let herself taken in this moment before it was completely gone.  It wasn't much, but it enough for her to finally have him in her arms again.  The look in his eyes, the emotions behind it and his words and actions were also enough to tell her of how he felt.  You truly are Kagura's big cry baby brother, aren't you?

◇ ◇ ◇
You are just enough for me.  Even you alone are sufficient to make me break.