Chapter 11- Reunion

Finally the bell rang, signalling lunch, and kids flooded out of the rooms like there was a pizza buffet. I wish.

I trudged out of the English classroom and headed towards where I think the lunch room was. When I turned the corner I smacked face to chest with someone for the second time today. I swear my nose is gonna be broken by the end of today.

"Sorry..." I grumbled stepping back as I rub my nose. When I don't hear a response I look up to see a girl with a terrified expression on her face, then the other thing I notice is the pink hearing aid she's wearing.

"Hi, my name is Haven." I greet, signing every word smoothly. Her eyes widened in surprise at my signing. I guess it's not everyday you see the new school delinquent using sign language.

"I'm Megan." She signs, but also speaks. I smile at her, then ask her if she want to sit together at lunch. "Sure. I would love too." She says with a smile.

"My grandma was deaf, that's how I know how to sign. If you were wondering." I inform as we walk down the hallway.

"You got any siblings?" She asked curiously. I nodded my head, and just mumbled 'Ya a sister'.

"Ahhh." She says, watching my lips intently. "How old is your sister?" She questions.

"15." I answer. I advert my eyes from her's as memories of her rush to my mind.

"Does she go here?" She asked.

"No. They're not my family anymore. I'd rather not talk about it." I said uncomfortably.

"Sorry! How rude of me to ask unneeded things!" She rushes, her hands waving all over. I just chuckle at her.

"Dude, it's fine. You just asked a normal question." I reassured her, as we turned the corner to the lunch room.

She sighed out in relief, her shoulders following in action. We walked through a entrance way that seemed to be the cafeteria, seeing that everyone's at tables eating and talking.

My eyes scan the room and the tuft of brown hair sticks out in my view. A smile is on her lips as her head is thrown back in laughter. My heart drops, and my throat suddenly feels like I haven't drank water in an eternity.

"Why is she here?" I whisper to myself. Megan seemed to notice my lips movment, and her face looked confused.

"Who?" She questioned, an eyebrow lifted up in question.

"M-My sister..." I mutter quietly, but signed the words also. Her lips formed an 'O' shape, as surprise was written on her face. She might not know much, but the grim look on my face told a bit.

As if feeling someone was staring, her gaze snapped over to us. Her smile fell, and a large scowl replaced it. She turned away curtly, and turned back to the guy she was talking with.

My heart crumbled in my chest at the looks she shot towards me. I knew she would hate me, I broke our promise, it was expected of a low life like myself to do so.

It's my stupid fault for doing all that bull shit, and ending up behind bars. She warned me, she told me. But being the stupid 13 year old child , I was too stupid and thought my little 11 year old sister didn't know squat shit about what kind of shit I was going through, so I ignored her and falsely promised her, but got my ass thrown in a box.

I bet she thinks so lowly of me. I might be older by only 2 years, but she's still my baby sis.

I rapidly blink my eyes to keep the tears back, but the sound of Asher's voice brings me back to life.