Chapter 28

Tim POV:

The girls all vanish into the bedrooms for bedtime, escaping the probable case that they'll get yelled at for staying up too late. I wait till I hear three doors shut, before walking over and pouring myself a glass of scotch. I sift through the mail as I stand in the kitchen, before opening a blank envelope. Inside rests a crumpled sheet of notebook paper, with a note attached to the front. I peel off the note, and feel chills shoot up my spine. 

Found this in Faith's notebook. Record it with her and release it, and maybe I'll give her a break - Frank

I cringe, feeling disgusted that he has the audacity to try and not only control my love life, but my career as well. I hold up the notebook paper and read the lyrics, before feeling my chest ache. 

We can't sing this... I mean, it would open up huge room for the press to begin asking questions, and possibly causing the girls hell. 

I hear a knock on my door, causing me to lose concentration from the note. I stare at the door, feeling my heart stop. Part of my prays it's her, while the other part just wants to move on already. I know which part is more prevalent, and it's the part that's making me walk toward the door. 

Faith stands out in the pouring rain, hugging herself tightly. I stand to the side, and she walks in without a word. I shut the door, before turning and watching her disappear into the laundry room, and returning with a towel. She dries her face, and attempts to dry her soaked hair. She looks at me, before dropping the towel back in the laundry room. 

She then stands back where she was, about fifteen feet away from me. I can see her lips shaking from here, as she bites them to try and make them stop. Her thin legs are shaky, and her brown hair is damp still, hanging down onto her shoulders and sticking to her. Her green eyes watch me carefully, as if my next move could determine if she walks back out the door, or up the stairs. 

I step toward her slowly, just in case the motion could startle her away. She doesn't flinch. I pick up the pace, before standing toe to toe with her. I cup her chin in my hand, and kiss her. Part of me cringes, while the other side wants more. I place my hands on the sides of her head, running my fingers through her wet, tangled hair. She looks at me as if she were drunk and slightly dazed. 

She grabs onto my hand, and pulls me toward the back door. I follow her without question, as she leads me out into the rain. She walks me toward the little dock on the pond, and walks to the edge, before turning toward me. She places her hands on the side of my head, and kisses me, before reaching for my belt, and pulling it off. She unbuttons my pants, making me cringe a bit. 

My mind goes from she's just using you to you can win her back in about three seconds on nights like tonight. Not once have I landed on her doorstep for sex since we let ourselves split. Now, I've shown up begging for her to come back my fair share of times, but not once to bang him and leave. But with her... I just can't help but believe that she shows up planning on staying, and leaves because she knows better. 

She slides down my boxers, before getting down on her knees. I shut my eyes, as she starts. I don't know why, but I never feel good when she does this. I always feel like I'm bordering embarrassed and nervous. I honestly don't know why she does it... She knows that I know she's only here for sex. She doesn't have to give me a little something to get a little something. She knows that I'll bow down and do whatever she tells me to do. She has complete control over me.

She stands up, and I can't tell if that's tears rolling down her cheeks, or just the rain. She's trembling, goosebumps rising up on her skin from the cold rain that seems to be coming down even harder. I pull up my boxers before I grab her hand, wanting to take her inside so she doesn't freeze out here. She pulls back, not wanting to go in. She instead leads me around the house, and to her car, getting in and turning it on. Again, I follow without question. 

She drives out onto a dirt road on our property in the woods, and unbuckles her seat belt, before putting the car in park, before turning toward me. She climbs over to my seat, facing me as she pulls down my boxers again. She pulls down her underwear, before pressing her chest against mine. I can her heart pound, as she places her hand on the back of my neck, and slowly slides herself down onto me. 

Once she begins to feel it, I watch a tear slip from her eye. I'm quick to wipe it away, before kissing where it had once sat. She shuts her eyes, and lets out a little gasp, as she slowly grows more comfortable. Her nails dig into my shoulder, as I press my lips against her neck, kissing her slowly. 

I feel emotionally exhausted, since we went through this cycle maybe a week ago. But feeling her holding onto me... I don't want her to let go, no matter what it costs. 

She begins to move a little more swiftly, causing use both to build up pretty quickly. She presses her hand against the window, and another onto my shoulder, where she digs her nails in deeply to the point she may draw blood. She tenses up and lets out a little moan, before letting herself shake a little. I don't follow too far after, finding myself grabbing onto her waist, and kissing her shoulder so I don't come undone. She removes her hand from the window, and holds my head between her arms, allowing a handprint in the steam on the window to appear. I watch it carefully, as it slowly begins to fade. 

"I love you..." I release before I can stop myself, causing her to wince. She pulls back and looks at me, before placing a hand on my cheek. She stares, before a tear falls from her eyes. She wipes it, in hopes that I'll dismiss it, before she refuses to look in my eyes. She slowly moves back onto her seat, pulling up her underwear and staring at the steering wheel. Her shoulders fall forward, as if she were seventeen again. I watch her lip quake, before she bites it once again and shuts her eyes. 

"I want to say it back..." She lets out quietly. I watch her carefully, before wondering why she's not saying it back. It's not like he'll know. "There's going to come a day, when you wake up and I'll be gone... and I... I want you to know that I've always loved you... with all my heart but..." She cries softly. "But I shouldn't... I really shouldn't..." 

"Why?" I ask, my chest aching. She looks over, and begins sobbing, grabbing her chest in her classic, heartbroken motion. 

"I can't take it... I can't take him just watching me constantly... and threatening me, and hurting me..." She cries, her shoulders shaking as she sobs. That's the motion that kills me. She only cried hard enough for her shoulders to shudder when we were kids. 

"I can make it stop..." I promise, even though it'll be unlikely. She shakes her head, tears streaming down in long, wide rivers. 

"No, you can't..." She argues, before crying even louder. "Loving you is going to kill me..." She releases, covering her mouth as if it would stop her from coming apart. "I can't live without you, and I can't stay with you... I don't know what to do..." She sobs, pressing both of her hands against her forehead.