ix : Mission in Brooklyn

You're organizing your new room in the Avengers Tower when JARVIS the AI told you that Nick Fury requested you to go to his office and meet him there. Now you're walking out of the elevator to Fury's office that you had just visited a few hours ago. You grabbed the door handle and opened the door. "Did you call me, Sir?" You asked.

Just then you realized that Steve was standing right there in front of Fury when he saw you and said "Is it her?" Fury nodded to him with you still standing cluelessly in front of the entrance.

Now Fury turned his head to you "I'm pretty sure you're clueless right now Ms. (l/n) and so I'm gonna tell you this. You're coming with Captain to find his long lost old friend." He explained briefly "Now get outta here and find him."

You and Steve walked out of the room and went up by elevator. There you started the talk "So...Do you know where he is?" You asked. He looked a little unsure as to how to answer your question.

"I saw Bucky a few days ago in Brooklyn. I don't know about how did he get there and what happened to him, but I think he might has started to remember about his life in the 1940s and that's why he went to Brooklyn." He answered your question and you quickly replied "Then what are we waiting for? Let's go there!" Steve nodded to you. You two went to a car prepared for missions.

Steve drove the car to Brooklyn for roughly half an hour. You had a casual friendly talk with him on the way.

~xXx~

You got out of the car as soon as you arrived in the area where Steve saw Bucky last time. You both walked to an alley Steve suggested to go to. He said the alley was the one where Bucky saved Steve from being punched the last time before Steve was transformed into a super soldier.

You walked near the alley but then there was this person in a T-shirt, a pair of jeans, a cap & a jacket, all of them in dark colors, which made him even more suspicious. He turned to walk in the small alley. You decided to follow him because not just he was suspicious, he was also heading toward the same alley as you were heading to.

When that person finally reached the end of the alley, he stopped. Seemed like he noticed that you and Steve were following him, even though you both tried to do it as quiet as possible.

You're getting ready for any possible attack from that person as you approached him and called out, "Hey, turn arround! We're here to talk." But as you expected, he turned around but not for a talk. Instead he attacked you. You dodged his first strike and punched back but he managed to stop your fist from coming over him. Just then, his face was close enough for you to see the face under the dark cap. He kicked you away from him while you were still staring at his face.

He moved away from you and just when he was about to escape, Steve striked that person from behind and put that person down with his back facing Steve. Just right when Steve was about to finish the fight, you yelled at Steve, telling him "Wait! Steve! It's him! It's Bucky."

Steve immediately stopped his move and took a look at the face of that person, which you already recognized as Bucky, as he tried to stand up. Steve pulled out his hand to Bucky and gave him a help to get back on his feet. After the two stared at each other for a moment, they embraced one another. After a few minutes, they finally let go of each other.

"I miss you, Bucky." Steve said to Bucky with a faint smile on his face. He surely missed Bucky a lot. Even more than how you missed Bucky.

"Steve... Why are you here? What is she doing with you?" Bucky asked to Steve. He looked like he was confused.

"We've been searching for you. She told me everything that happened between you and her. Your talks together and--"

"Hold on," Bucky suddenly stopped Steve from talking "What do you mean? Who is she? I don't know her." Once again, the same thing happened all over again. He forgot about you or maybe he just... he wasn't able to remember about you just yet. "She must has mistaken me with someone else." He said again.

"No. I'm very sure it was you." You tried to convince him that you didn't mistake him with someone else "You seriously don't remember anything? Your mission? The talk in the apartment? The one near the highway? The gunshot?" He shook his head. Why was he not able to remember a single thing about you? Why?

The reality is so cruel when he could remember Steve but he couldn't remember about you. You knew he had become friend with Steve since a long, long time ago but it's hard to accept the reality. Reality is really harsh at times.

"Bucky... She's my friend. You can trust her, it's alright." Steve said "Right now we just need you to come with us. We'll take you to a safe place. My friends there might be able to help you to remember your memories again." Steve... he looked kinda worried about Bucky. You don't really know what he's thinking but you're guessing that Steve might be worrying about the probability of Bucky losing his memory again.

"Where?" Bucky said to Steve. He paused for a moment "I have nowhere to go. People has now known me as the Winter Soldier. A terrorist, a murderer."

"And that's exactly why you have to go with us. You have nowhere to go." You said to Bucky. You knew that deep down there, he's not a bad guy. He's not a villain. He has always been the victim. "Trust me. This is for the best of us, Buck."

He sighed and gave you and Steve a look with his eyes "Just this once."

"So you're coming?" You asked him to recheck whether or not he's going to come with you. He nodded to you.

All the three of you got into the car. Steve sat on the driver seat while you're sitting next to him and Bucky sat on the back seat. Steve turned on the machine right away and drove the car back to Manhattan, where the Tower was at.

"In case you still don't remember me," you said to Bucky on the back seat "My name is (y/n)." You learned to receive the fact that he wouldn't remember you for some times.

There's nothing you can do about it anyway, so you just gotta accept it. You just have to accept the fact and continue your life.

~xXx~

Yayy! I finally update the story! I've been waiting for the right time to update this story. School is tiring. This week I already have a couple of exams. I'm so tired 😱😱😱

Anyway, tell me what you think about this part of story and don't forget to vote. Bye fellas!

⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟