viii : Classified

You looked at Daniel, who was driving the car, you asked "So? What's wrong?" You told him before that you both would talk about why did Maria Hill asked you to come on the way to the Tower. But it's been over 2 hours with nothing but silence between you and him.

He didn't say anything. Now you started to wonder, did he even know what he was doing? You take back the thought that he's pretty cute. You didn't care about him anymore. He's not saying any single word, he didn't even glance at you, and you're now not even sure anymore whether he still remembered that you're there or not.

"Hey, excuse me. I thought you said you're going to tell me the reason Ms. Hill told me to come with you." Still no response from him. "We've been like this for what's likely to be two hours. It's all nothing but silence. I mean, seriously. Now you have to answer my question right now, right here." You commanded on him impatiently because of the two hours of nothing, of course you would get impatient from two hours of silence and all. Like, who wouldn't be? Except if you're super nice and patient.

You sighed out, expressing the impatience that started to well up. "Sorry, but it's classified. Only Ms. Hill herself know about this." He finally answered! But the bad news was that it wasn't the answer you expected. You wanted a clear answer and instead he only gave you this useless answer. But whatever with that because you arrived at the Avengers Tower finally.

"Thanks, Meredith." You said thanking and calling him by his last name as you got out from inside the car and walked in through the same front door of the fancy building you visited a few weeks ago.

"Good afternoon, Ms. (l/n). Ms. Hill is currently on the third floor and is waiting for you. I'll tell her that you have arrived right away." JARVIS the artificial intelligence said.

"Thank you, JARVIS" You thanked him. There's actually no point on thanking an artificial intelligence but isn't it good to always thank someone after they helped you? And anyway he replied, "No problem, Ms. (l/n)."

You went to a small sofa near you and took a seat on it. It was nice and comfy, as what we expected from the billionaire, Mr. Stark. So you waited there for Ms. Hill to come down not so long after you just got on the sofa. She came out of the elevator and welcomed you, "Good morning, Ms. (l/n)." She pulled out her hand to you.

You stood up and and shook her hand as a greeting. "Good morning to you too, m'am." with all formal words to show your respect and politeness, you greeted her right away after you stood up. But you didn't forget to ask her the reason to why did she tell the Daniel guy to pick you up "Uh, anyway... I have a question m'am. Why did you ask Mr. Meredith to pick me up?"

"I need you to come with me." She answered and walked toward the elevator, "This way." You followed her to the elevator and when the elevator doors closed, she said "S.T.A.T.I.O.N. main office"

Suddenly, JARVIS's voice turned on and said, "Ms. (l/n) is not allowed to come by." Hill replied with an order, "Commander override, Hill, Maria." JARVIS confirmed and the elevator started moving down.

Soon the elevators door opened and exposed a view of a very busy large sized of a floor with lots of people walking back and forth. You followed Ms. Hill walking straight toward a room surrounded by dark glass walls. You asked, "What is this? This looks like S.H.I.E.L.D. A lot."

She kept quiet and opened the room's door and revealed what's inside the room.

"Sir Fury! You're alive! I thought you were dead! I was there when they did the surgery to you. What happened?" You started to become confused seeing the "supposed to be dead" Nick Fury sitting on a chair.

"Tetrodoxin B," Fury said "Slows down the pulse to one beat a minute. Now listen closely. I supposed you already know Barnes." You nodded to confirm then he continued "We have to find him and we need you to do it."

"Me? Why me?" You questioned the given order from Fury.

"You're the only one of us who've ever talked to Barnes and you're the closest one with him else than Rogers. Plus you haven't got a job." He explained to you. When he had just done explaining, Hill handed you a file.

It talked about the Winter Soldier, the formerly Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes 107th, with the serial number of 32557038. He was once experimented by HYDRA when the 107th infantry was captured by HYDRA. Later on, when he fell from the train by the beginning of 1945, he survived from the fall due to the experiment before, though his left arm was ripped from his body. They later replaced his left arm with a new prosthetic arm. He underwent mind control methods to keep him under their command. But before they were finally able to clear his memory, he didn't give the expected reaction for 10 years. He fought back and every time he did it, they froze him again and again.

Ever since HYDRA succeeded on erasing his memory, they had used him to assassinate some people and train the girls in Red Room for a couple of years until one day they froze him again after a while because he rebelled and tried to escape from the facility. He woke up again after a few years with another brainwashing in a different facility from where he used to stay in. He didn't know where it was, what time was it, what happened before, and who were the people around him. He only remembered how to fight. And that's where it started, they turned him into a deadly assassin for the last fifty years.

"Have you read this?" You asked Fury and Hill after you're done reading them. They nodded, signaling you the yes answer "Where did you get this?" You asked them again.

"We got 'em from an old Russian friend of Agent Romanoff." Fury said as he stood up from the chair where he had been sitting on since the beginning of the conversation and walked up, facing you. "So, are you gonna take this job?" He asked.

You nodded before you said "Yes, Sir. I'll take this job. It's an honor for me to be able to help you." He pulled out his hand and so did you. He shaked your hand and you shaked his.

"Welcome to S.T.A.T.I.O.N, Agent 257. Now get to your room and prepare for work. You got a room on the 8th floor." He said.

You walked off toward the door, exiting the room and to the elevator to get to another floor. You pressed the number 8 on the floor number buttons.

The elevator moved up until when you got to floor 5. The elevator stopped and the doors opened. It showed the golden blonde male, Daniel, was there to go to another floor by the lift. He went in and stood next to you.

It's kind of awkward between you and him until a few seconds before he said, "Look, I'm sorry." He turned his face toward you and yes, he said sorry. "I totally didn't know about anything. It was classified until I was told to look after you."

"You don't have to." You said but he just kept quiet anyway, so you continue with a question "How much do you know about me being here?" You have to know how much did he know so you would be able to separate between what could you say to him and what's not.

"All I know is that you'll stay here on the 8th floor, you worked for S.T.A.T.I.O.N, and I have to look after you." He answered you.

"I've told you, you don't have to look after me if you don't want to. Do you know anything about what I'm doing here?" You asked again.

"No. Why? You still don't know what you're doing here?" He laughed at you and you were clearly unhappy about this, but thank goodness. The elevator's door finally opened and you exited the elevator, leaving Daniel all alone over there.

Right before the elevator closed, you said, "It's classified." To answer Daniel's question.

Once the elevator doors closed, you walked from one side to another side of the floor and looked around until you found a door with your name on a sign that was hanging in front of the door. You walked in and see a simple yet beautiful bedroom. There were boxes of your belongings in the center of the room. Now ... time to work!

~xXx~

Yayyy I'm finally able to update! I survived the two weeks of school! It's really nice to be able to update this story again.

Now what about you? How are you doing? Tell me what you think about this part of story and don't forget to vote. See you later fellas!

❤ 💛 💚 💙 💜 ❤ 💛 💚 💙 💜