Four

"You and I both know that's not how claiming works." Louis snapped, holding onto Zayn tighter, who looked calm and collected but Louis knew his owner better than that.

It was silent for a long time.

Zayn and Louis holding each other at the top of the stairs.

Liam, Niall and Harry on the stairs, ready to attack if needed be.

And the four Werewolves stood in the living room, staring up at the shifter and the human.

"I lost so much that night, I can't just let you go." Ashton said loudly. "I've known you your entire life Louis, why are you choosing this human you've probably only known a few weeks over me?"

Louis remained silent, he could feel Zayn's uneasiness and anxiety, which was normal. He was in a room with a bunch of supernatural beings.

"Leave." Harry broke the silence with a command, his pure red eyes briefly glancing up at Louis before glaring down at the werewolves.

----------

The werewolves left shortly after. All eyes turned to Louis the second the door closed.

Louis hated the attention on him and quickly shifted into a cat, running down the hall and sneaking into Zayn's room and hiding away from the three vampires in the living room.

Zayn glared at the three vampires before walking down the hall towards his room, opening the door and sitting down next to the cat on his bed, stretched out on his pillow with a convincing frown.

Zayn picked up the cat, rolling his eyes when the cat meows sound like a whimper.

"M'sorry that had to happen Lou." Zayn set the cat down on his lap, sighing when he realized his mistake. "Don't get mad but I need you to move for a second."

Louis meowed before crawling off of Zayn's lap. Zayn gave the cat a smile before laying down on the bed, pulling a blanket over his body and patting the space on the bed under the blankets that Louis quickly filled.

Zayn closed his eyes, silence filled the room in a comfortable way a both lay awake. After a few minutes Zayn felt a body start to fill space under his arm and he smiled softly to himself, pulling Louis closer to himself, nuzzling his nose into the back of Louis' neck before falling into a sleep.

----------

"What are we supposed to do?" Niall asks after the sound of a door closing cued the silence that filled the air seconds later.

Liam opened his mouth but no noise came out, his shoulders raising along with his hands with a pathetic shake of his head.

"That really helped Liam, thank you! Solved all our problems!" Niall growled sarcastically.

"Cut the fucking attitude Horan!" Liam snapped. "The small ass brain of yours isn't helping anything! Oh, did I miss speak. I mean that non existent brain!" Liam continued, not noticing the tears that were forming in the blonde's eyes. "Because let's all be honest, you've never come up with a single useful plan in your life. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't even know how to breathe if it weren't for you not needing to." Liam finished, looking back at Niall with raging red eyes. His smirk fell and his eyes melted back to their normal brown when he saw the tears on the blonde's cheeks and the look of hurt and disbelief in the glazed eyes.

For a single second everything was quiet before Niall let out a heart wrenching sob before he was gone, the sound of the door slamming echoed through the house.

Harry stared at Liam with wide eyes, he never thought he'd ever hear an insult come out of Liam's mouth, ever.

"Oh my god......" Liam's hands slowly found their way to his hair, gripping harshly and pulling painfully hard.