Chapter 13: Kei Valancia

Start from the beginning

"And that is precisely why I need you there," I say. He raised an eyebrow in question.

"What, do you plan on eloping with him?" I could see the flash of gold in the dark depths of his eyes, and I knew Axel was going wild from that single thought.

I scoffed and flicked him lightly on the forehead. "What crazy ideas do you have running in your head now? Can't you see how much I want to throw that man into the deepest hole when I'm around him?"

He simply shrugged, and I pursed my lips together in thought. "Okay, maybe for an example, think of it like this: he's as annoying to me as Potato Man is to you."

Ryker paused for a moment, and I waited patiently for it to click. It was pretty comical to watch as it finally dawned on him.

"Thomas Lowe?" I laughed as it finally registered who I was talking about.

"Yes, that man. How could you forget the Potato Man?" He grumbled under his breath before giving me a pointed look.

"You know I do not waste my time thinking about that insufferable man."

"Then you should understand that I feel that way towards Titus. Granted, I do try to be nice when he's not trying to convince me to leave you." I rolled my eyes just thinking about it, and I felt him relax into me. Instead, he buried his face in my hair and I felt him sigh heavily against me.

I rubbed one hand up and down his back soothingly, trying to ease his worries. "Now don't you understand how stuck I am with you? I mean, it should have been obvious months ago but I guess you still don't get it." I pushed him away gently to get a clear look at his face.

Staring at him like this, it always blew me away how handsome he was. And he's all mine.

He didn't say anything as I trailed my finger down the curvature of his jaw, the structure so sharp and strong, it created the perfect platform for the masterpiece that was his face.

The tips of my fingertips were tickled by the day-old stubble, and I slowly moved upwards to his lips.

Ah, his lips. So soft, so gentle. And so amazingly perfect when they were against mine.

I dragged my index finger across his bottom lip, slightly plumper than that of his upper.

Feeling the contact, his lips parted and I heard as well as felt the ragged breath that he let loose.

"Kei." I felt my name just a whisper on the edges of my fingertips and I couldn't help but feel a spark of satisfaction seeing his strong reaction to me.

Inching my way up once more, I traced over his prominent cheekbones and stopped at his temples. There, I traced small circles, making him close his eyes from the feeling.

He hummed in the back of his throat and I chuckled as he nudged his face closer.

"Open your eyes," I murmured. He followed my demand and slowly opened them, his dark lashes yielding to me one of the most beautiful sights ever known. "I'll never get tired of staring at you."

He didn't say anything, but instead, let me indulge myself into the abyss.

Those eyes-eyes that seemed to be its own galaxy full of stars. But upon closer inspection, I noticed what looked like stars were actually silver flecks speckled throughout the iris.

"Huh, that's definitely different," I commented to Rei.

She snorted and gave a retort, "Coming from the person who has dual-colored eyes. Let's get real, his eyes are the new norm while you are getting the freak on."