Chapter 13: Kei Valancia

Start from the beginning

"Kei, please don't take it the wrong way." He took my shoulders and I narrowed my eyes at him, catching a twinkle of humor in his eye.

"Damn, he's on to us. Abort! Abort!" I pictured Rei as a wolf running around frantically in my head and I almost burst out laughing.

"Ah well. Sorry King, but you know how temperamental I am. You should have seen this coming." I raised my fist and touched my knuckle to his cheek and kept it there. I didn't hit him, but he still flinched and feigned pain.

"You know how I feel when you mess up my handsome face." I snorted and was going to let my hand fall but he snatched it before it left his cheek. "I have a special woman who I need to impress with it." He tugged my wrist gently to pull me closer and I felt myself soften towards him.

"That's okay King. Remember when I said I like my men squishy? Well, a few battle scars look pretty hot too." He smiled and it dazzled me to no end.

"Thanks love." He bent down to kiss me and I could do nothing but return it tenderly, smiling as he nipped at my bottom lip.

I thought it was going to be a simple sweet little kiss but we stayed put, just getting a taste of each other.

His lips were soft but urgent as we moved in sync. His long fingers trailed up my back with slow deliberateness, his hand cupping the back of my neck. It almost felt as if his lips left a brand on my own, keeping me in place and begging for more.

I was taken by surprise when he wrapped an arm around my waist and lifted me onto his desk. I pulled away slightly to let out a laugh when he leaned over to kiss the tip of my nose.

"You know, I can't imagine you to just let me run off by myself without a fight," I mused, wounding my arms around his neck loosely. "Especially with Titus, no less." I smiled slightly.

"I'm glad you understand me so well, Lune." He dug his nose into the crook of my neck while inhaling. "It just makes everything so much easier." Smirking, I started to comb my fingers through his hair leisurely. I watched him as he closed his eyes and leaned into the touch, the deep rumbling vibrating his chest.

"I feel like I'm petting a cat right now," I say jokingly. "With all this purring going on."

With his eyes still closed, he responded with: "It's not a purr."

I rolled my eyes and tapped his cheek. "No matter what you say, it's a purr. Let's just face it, we're all secretly cats instead of wolves." He grunted and leaned back slightly to look at me.

"I hate cats," he said flatly. I hummed and trailed my finger down his neck.

"Really? I think they're cute."

"They're evil," he grumbled. I grinned and nodded.

"Exactly. That's why I love them." My grin turned wicked and he chuckled at my evilness.

"What am I going to do with you, Lune." His words were a deep rumble against my skin, and I couldn't help but feel the trickle of desire run up my spine like a shot of adrenaline.

"Well, you can start by coming with me. Who knows what kind of trouble I would get in without you there," I tease. I lifted my hand and brushed away a strand of hair out of his face, his dark eyes light.

"You don't need to tell me twice. I was coming if you liked it or not anyway." I laughed and tapped the end of his nose.

"I figured. Plus, I need you there so I don't end up killing Titus." He laughed at my frown and shook his head at me.

"Shouldn't it be the other way around?" he asks, his lips tilting up amusement. "He is, supposedly, your fiancé." The word left his mouth with a growl.