Chapter Six (part two): sick, twisted torture

Start from the beginning

Vincent turned in his seat when Damien finally parked the Scion. He laughed.

“What's that look for, Kimberly?!” He sounded like a father again and it made me blink at him for a second.

“Damien's driving...” I began, now realizing my body was shaking from how fast we were going. He had been going 160 MPH and I could tell he was trying to push it even faster but 160 was the top speed so he couldn't.

“What about my driving?!” Damien turned in his seat now, not letting me finish. I frowned at him for that.

“It sucks.” I told him bluntly. If he would have let me finish I might have been a little more nice or admitted that it nearly scared me to death, so I guess I was glad he interrupted me. He glared at me.

“You asked.” I muttered.

“You--”

“Come on kids, I'll buy you ice cream if you stop fighting right this second...” Vincent interjected. Damien and I both were quiet for only a second before we both opened our mouths in unison to speak. Vincent rolled his eyes with a sigh. “Oh, forget it. Come on, we're wasting precious shopping time!” He jumped out of the car in a way that made a passing couple jump slightly by his actions. The girl covered up a giggle as the man tried to keep a straight face, pretending he hadn't just been startled by Vincent. I laughed and followed him out of the car.

We were far enough from the Palace that I was sure I wouldn't be recognized. And besides I usually didn't walk around with a tattered dress and bed head type hair. And my parents were the King and Queen of the region we lived in, but really our region was pretty small which now probably explains to the world why I was being forced into an arranged marriage. My parents wanted territory, to expand their region and this guy had the land to offer them, if I married him in return. It's a disgusting thing being Royalty....

Damien grumbled the entire walk into the mall. I couldn't help but notice the way the few girls going into the mall were looking at him. And when I say a few girls, I say that because it was late out and more people were leaving the mall then going into it. I felt like I haven't been out with the sun in weeks. They looked at him like he was a God. Drooling and acting like a bunch of girls. Uhg...wait...

“Where to first?” Vincent asked as both me and Damien caught up with him. Damien opened his mouth but Vincent glowered at him.

“Umm...” I looked around. My eyes met the food court to my left then finally hit stores on my right. “Vanity!” I informed when the first store I recognized came into my vision.

We hit store after store. Damien complained every single time we walked into a store and everytime we came out.

“Come on Damien, lighten up.” Vincent planted his hand on Damien's shoulder and jostled him a bit. Damien pulled away.

“They're staring at me!” He growled, looking around as we walked into American Eagle. I knew Victoria's Secret was just a couple stores down now. I really did want to go, they had the best pajamas and sweatpants but knowing Damien, he would force his way into my dressing room and embarrass me! But then I realized what he had just said and the uncomfortable look on his face.

They?” I looked around now. Not seeing anyone really, a few girls glanced over at us but that was it. “Whose staring?” I cocked my head at him when Vincent wandered off.

“Never you mind.” Damien muttered.

“But--”

“Drop it!” He snapped. I flinched then blew the hair out of my face, frustrated. He made my body flinch that bad that it made my hair drop into my face as if trying to hide me from his wraith.