IMAGINE: Thranduil not liking you, Legolas's fiancé

Începe de la început

"Would you like some wine, hîril vuin [My lady]?" A servant asks shyly.

You look up at him and smile kindly. "I'd love some, thank you." You say, reaching for the crystal wine goblet. You hold it for the servant to fill.

The servant starts pouring the red wine into the goblet. He turns his attention to the conversation Legolas and Thranduil are having. The goblet is soon filled to the brim but the servant doesn't stop pouring. The wine pours over the sides and spills on to your lap.

You let out a little cry and jump to your feet, the wine glass dropping from your grasp. Thranduil and Legolas stand up as the wine glass shatters on to the floor.

"Oh, hîril vuin, goheno nin. Goheno nin [My lady, I'm sorry. I'm sorry]." The servant whispers in horror, bowing to you repeatedly.

"It's-it's fine." You stammer, giving him a quick smile.

"No, it's not fine." Thranduil states suddenly.

The servant looks at his lord and pales. "Goheno nin, hîr vuin [I'm sorry, my lord]. I didn't mean to spill wine on your guest. I will get her a new dress immediately and I'll clean up the glass." He apologizes.

Thranduil holds up his hand to stop the servant from speaking, and his glare finds his way to you. "Do you know who's glass goblet that was?" He asks.

You shake your head. "No, I don't." You answer as Thranduil makes his way over to you. You remain planted in the ground despite wanting to cower away from him.

"That was my father's." He hisses.

Your eyes widen in horror. "Oh, hîr vuin [My lord]—" You gasp.

"And you broke it!" Thranduil yells. Before you can blink, he backhands hard across the cheek. You gasp, stumbling backwards and falling on to your backside.

"Ada [Father]!!" Legolas shouts in disbelief.

Tears sting your eyes as you clutch your burning cheek. You breathe heavily, trying to not cry. Thranduil stares at you, gasping. He looks down at his hand as if it's foreign. He blinks in shock as if realizing what he just did.

You choke on a sob before pushing yourself up and dashing out of the room. Legolas stares after you, his jaw dropped. The servant, his eyes wide, slowly backs out of the room.

"What's wrong with you?!" Legolas yells at his father. He moves around the table to stand in front of his father.

"Legolas, I-I don't kn—" Thranduil says, his voice hollow as if he's in a daze.

Legolas grabs the lapels of his father's robe. "Y/N just wants you to like her and you hit her for accidentally breaking a cup. It wasn't her fault! It was an accident and you hit her." He says, grimacing. "Just when I thought you couldn't get anymore cruel, you hurt the woman I love. The woman who's to be your daughter-in-law."

"Legolas—"Thranduil starts to say.

"No. Unless you have something worth saying without hurting anybody, I don't want to talk to you ever again." Legolas interrupts coldly.

"I'm going to go find Y/N." He says gruffly, before releasing his father roughly and stalking out of the room.

"Legolas." Thranduil gasps, tears in his eyes. He stumbles back into a chair and buries his face in his hands, weeping.

---

Legolas knocks on your bedroom door. "Y/N, please open up." He begs.

"Go away, Legolas." You sob, before face-planting back into your pillows. Legolas knocks a few more times before giving up and leaving you alone.

You cry hard until you can cry no more. It's now late evening when you sit up and brush the wetness away from your cheeks. You sniff and hiccup. A cool breeze comes through your open windows and you wrap your blankets more tightly around you.

You hear someone grunting and your eyebrows draw. You get off of your bed. "Who's there?" You ask, walking to your door.

"Hey." A voice says from your window. You yelp and whirl around, your hand covering your pounding heart. Legolas stands on top of your window sill, panting.

"Wh-what are you doing?" You ask in confusion.

"You wouldn't let me through the door so I came in the only other way I know." Legolas answers, jumping to the floor.

"You climbed all the way up to my bedroom?" You ask in disbelief. He grins in response and crosses over to you.

He pulls you into his arms and holds you. "Y/N, I'm so sorry about what happened earlier." He says.

You close your eyes and lay your head on his chest. "Is he sorry though, Legolas?" You ask.

Your fiancé stiffens. "I-I think so. I didn't really give him a chance to say he's sorry. I kind of blew up on him." He explains.

You pull your head back and look at him. "You did?" You question, your eyebrows raised.

Legolas nods. "He can't treat you that way, Y/N. He shouldn't treat anyone that way. I don't know what's wrong with him." He says.

You finger Legolas's shirt, your eyes on his chest. "Maybe...maybe we should talk to him, Legolas." You say slowly.

"You'd want to do that? After what he's done to you?" He asks.

You look up at him and nod. "We need to resolve this conflict, Legolas, if we are to live peacefully with him." You respond.

Legolas smiles and cups your face. "Have I ever told you how much I love you?" He asks.

You smile and wrap your arms around his neck. "A couple of times." You laugh softly. Legolas kisses you deeply and you kiss him back.

"Come on, we should go before he goes to bed." You say. Legolas wraps his arm around your waist and you both go to find Thranduil.

---

As soon as you enter Thranduil's sitting room, he stands up, his voice a mask of concern.

"Y/N." He whispers, rushing over to you. He suddenly pulls you into his arms. "I am so, so sorry. Please, I beg of you, forgive me." You stay still in his arms, taken too much by surprise to do anything.

"I don't know what came over me. I-I was scared, I guess. I was worried. I don't want what happened to my wife and me to happen to Legolas and you. I don't want Legolas going through the same pain I went through—am going through—of losing her." He cries. "I just beg of you, Y/N, to forgive me. We can start over. Please." He pleads genuinely.

You sigh and slowly hug him. "I forgive you." You say softly.

Thranduil sighs with relief. "Thank you. Thank you so much." He says.

He looks at Legolas. "My son, I also ask for your forgiveness. I treated your fiancé horribly and I disrespected you. I'm so sorry." He says.

     "You're forgiven, Ada [Father]." Legolas replies, smiling a little.

Thranduil holds out his hand and Legolas takes it. Thranduil pulls him into the hug as well. You wrap your arm around Legolas's waist and smile up at him.

He smiles back and mouths, "I love you."
[THE END] I hope you liked it!