Chapter 30 - Gelato is the shit, fight me if you think otherwise

Start from the beginning

He went through one and took out pistachio gelato. I sat down and stared at him. I admired every detail of his back, every muscle slightly protruding from his arms. The way he would bite the inside of his cheeks when he was nervous.

How come I'm now noticing he does that?

His soft hair blew in the wind as he looked back at me, a familiar grin stretched across his face. I grinned back. He handed me a pint of pistachio gelato and laid his head in my lap.

I ran my fingers through his hair and caressed every strand. I love you so much. His eyes fluttered open and stared at me.

"I love you, too." I didn't even realize I said that out loud. I opened the gelato and took a spoonful of it. God bless who ever thought of gelato, and putting pistachio in it.

I scooped some for Yejun and he opened his mouth. As soon as I was about to put it inside, I quickly ate it. "Aish." I laughed and gave him some. After we finished half of it, he sat up and took out more food.

"This is called ddukbokgi." He said as he opened it. I stared at the dumpling-like thing in front of me. "Try it."

I opened my mouth and he put one inside. It was spicy! I smiled as I chewed. This is amazing! "I really like this, it's so good." He nodded, "Umma was good at making them. They'd sell fast."

I felt a shudder pass through me at the thought of his mother. He slowly came back to the present and gave me a sad smile. Oh Yejun. "I wish I could've tried hers."

"I can make it like her! I used to help her when I was younger."

"That's so lit, we're definitely doing this next time I come over." Yejun laughed and slurped some up. "Definitely."

After we finished eating, Yejun set the empty containers aside and stood up. He outstretched his hand out towards me and I took it. He helped me up and got into fighting stance.

I raised an eyebrow. He stared at me with a playful glint in his eyes. Rolling my eyes, I went into my Muay Thai stance.

"Taekwondo."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I changed it to Taekwondo. "Good, chariyot!"

"Yes sir!" I laughed as I put my arms at my side and my legs together.

"Junbi!"

"Aiya!" I yelled.

Yejun smirked. "Chariyot! We're doing poomsae, yes sir?"

"Yes sir!" I said as I put my arms at my side again.

"Junbi!"

Putting my fists in front of me, I yelled aiya.

"Taegeuk il jang!"

Oh shit, I forgot orange belt form. Yejun saw the panic on my face and instantly started laughing. "Okay, I'll do it with you."

He turned away from me and started counting. Although I tried to focus on my moves, I couldn't help how graceful Yejun's form was.