Chapter Thirty Four

Start from the beginning

Two other nurses roll another bed in and I ask for them to move it as close as possible to Tyler's. They help me in it, give me a warm blanket and some water, and then a sedative to put me back to sleep.

-

Light peaking through the blinds wakes me this time. My eyes wander to the clock and it's just past seven in the morning. After taking a second to remember where I am, I sit up and look over at Tyler. He's still completely out cold and my heart aches a little bit. I decide our beds aren't close enough so I move things out of the way and shove them together.

I take his hand again and hold it on his bed, resting my arm on the barriers between them. "Good morning, love."

I reach over and move his hair out of his eyes. "Wake up, I miss you."

Dr. Camry walks in and smiles at the state of us.

"Luna." He shakes his head and I give him the best smile I could.

When he gets closer, I reach out and hug him. There was something so comforting to see a familiar face that I can trust. He seems shocked by my actions, but reciprocates soon enough.

"I assume you're healing just fine." He says and I nod.

"Healing from what, exactly?"

"Can you tell me the last thing you remember?"

"My mom."

That seems so weird to say, and I didn't even think before I said it. I didn't think through my last memories - I just needed to be with Tyler.

"What happened with her."

"I remember she ran off after something." I shake my head. "I was on the ground, and hurting like hell, but I knew I was okay."

"Do you remember why you were hurt?"

"I'm assuming it was Daman."

He nods silently.

"The scapes and bruises are from getting thrown around, the bandage on your stomach I'm about to change is from his claws, and the aching in your bones and stiffness in your muscles is from shifting."

"I'm sorry what?" I sit up more. "Can you repeat that for me please?"

"You shifted during that fight." He says calmly. "Well, just before it technically."

"I thought that couldn't happen until after Tyler and I-" I shake my head. "What happened exactly? How and why?"

"Landon will be in later to explain, I just know the bits and pieces that helped me treat you."

I lean back into the bed and my hands grab the sides of it. Holy shit.

"Do you mind if I take a look at your wound?"

I let him take off the bandage and gasp at the sight of the distinct claw marks that are bound to scar. The blood makes me nauseous but I tough it out as he cleans it.

"What happened to Ty? And when will he be awake? And when will I see my family? Where's Aleks?"

"He took a lot from his father. He was knocked out cold just before you jumped in and then when he woke the first time, you were pinned under Daman. He started attacking his father and nearly got his heart ripped out."

"Oh my God-"

"You saved him."

"I saved him?"

"Yes, Luna, you saved him." He smiles at my disbelief. "That's when you shifted and attacked."

"C-can I have some water?"