Chapter Thirteen

Picture of Carter's hair and outfit to the side - minus the high heal because she's too clumsy for them.

-Unedited

Carter Kelly's P.O.V

"Carter! Carter! Baby wake up!"I can tell its Tyler who jumps on top of me and wakes me up with feather kisses all over my face and neck. "Wake up princess!"

"Tyler!"I groan, turning on my side and trying to fall back asleep. "Stop!"

"No, little one!"Tyler continues to place kisses up and down my jawline. "Come on, wake up! Today's the day!"

"What?"I croak out in my disgusting morning voice.

"The dinner is tonight, darling! Come on! Wake up!"Tyler's arms wrap around my waist and lift me up into the air. My back is pressed to his chest as he spins us around as he hugs me tightly.

"Tyler!"I squeal, tightening my grasp on his arms. Giggles escape my mouth as he throws me back onto my bed. He climbs on top of me, his forearms resting on either side of my head. Both of our breaths are uneven and our hair a mess.

"Today's the day."Tyler whispers before pressing his lips to mine. The kiss is gentle at first but gets more intense. He licks my bottom lip and I gladly give him permission to enter my mouth by parting my lips. I feel him smile before he begins exploring my mouth with his tongue. I can't help but let out a few quiet moans.

"M-morning."I stutter out once I pull back for air.

"Good morning, perfect."Tyler chuckles. He leans in and kisses my nose. "Well, technically afternoon. I let you sleep in."

"What time is it?"I crane my neck over to look at my alarm clock but I can't see it from here.

"Almost one in the afternoon."Tyler answers me. "Come on, I made you breakfast."

"You didn't have to so that."I shake my head with a smile on my face. "But thank you."

"Of course, little one."Tyler sits up and reaches his arm out to me. I place my hand in his and we walk down the hall and into the kitchen.

On the table was a plate with a stack of pancakes piled on top. There was syrup and a few bowls with berries in them. There was hot chocolate and juice and cookies and cream milkshakes.

"Tyler..."I look up at him with a large smile.

"Do you like it, sweetheart?"Tyler asks me hopefully.

"It's perfect!"I stand on my tip toes to place a small kiss on his cheek, making him smile widely enough to show his dimples. "Thank you."

"Come on, lovely. You need to eat."He leads me over to the kitchen table, pulls out my chair for me, and places a kiss on the top of my head as he pushes the chair in.

"How long did it take for you to make all this?"I ask him as I take one pancake and put probably too much syrup on it.

"A while."Tyler chuckles. "I wanted to make today as special as possible."

I only ate two pancakes and a few berries, along with the milkshake and hot chocolate. I wanted to eat what I could because I felt bad for letting him make all this for me. Tyler ate about double what I did, but if you compare his size to mine - it's understandable.

Tyler stands, grabbing both our plates and glasses. He leans down and kisses the top of my head murmuring, "Good girl."

"What did I do?"I ask.

"I'm just proud of you."Tyler smiles as he sets our dishes in the sink. I stand up too, picking up a few other empty plates and bowls and bringing them over to the sink as well.