Chapter Twenty Five

Picture of Nick Bateman as Tyler to the side.

Can we just take a moment to talk about the fact that Carter gets to see this every time they drive somewhere...

-Unedited

LAST TIME ON HIS BROKEN MATE:

Carter spoke face to face with Tyler's wolf, Benjamin. They somewhat made up, but not completely. They just know that they'll never leave each other.

Sam caused more trouble... Not that shocking considering he showed up expecting Carter to love him the way he loves her. It didn't work out like that at all...

Carter Kelly's P.O.V

It's been a couple weeks since everything with Sam and the rogues went down.

Tyler and I have been... different. It's been a bit harder than expected to get back to the way we were. The first week after I ran away, Ty wouldn't leave me home alone. Aleks or Lee would come over but they eventually got busy and he had to trust the fact that I wouldn't leave him.

I'd never leave Tyler. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me.

While Tyler has been at work, I've been unpacking and ordering new things for the house online. I'm just glad we no longer have to sit on the floor in the kitchen to eat, we actually have a table now.

The rest of the house is slowly coming along, it's getting there anyway. It will take a while to get it just right. Stuff like this brings out my OCD tendencies.

Currently, I'm reading "Girl Online" by Queen Zoe Sugg in bed while listening to One Direction's new album. I'm also snuggled up in bed... alone.

Whenever Tyler and I are about to go to bed, I turn on my side so my backs to him while he does work on his laptop and I usually fall asleep before he goes to bed. It's been a while since we've cuddled and talked until I fell asleep.

I suddenly hear the garage door open and my heart skips a beat. Even if things aren't exactly normal, I still get really happy when he gets home. He's been working at the pack house and every day when he gets home, he drops things off from his office there and brings them to his office here. He wants to be able to work more from home.

"Hey, baby girl. I didn't think you would still be awake."Tyler chuckles as he says that last part and a smile at him. It's barely 10:30 and that's way past my bedtime usually. He comes over and kisses the top of my head.

"How was work?"I ask him as I mark the page I'm on and close my book before placing it on the nightstand. I lazily throw my hair up in a messy bun that probably looks horrible because I did it without a mirror.

"Long."Tyler replies as he disappears into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

I decide to scroll through tumblr as I snuggle in and turn on my side, facing away from Tyler's side of the bed. My pastel aesthetic blog makes me really happy whenever I decide to update my theme.

I probably sound stupid with how obsessed I am with this.

I feel Tyler get in bed rather quickly and I hear him mutter quietly, "Fuck it."

Suddenly his arms wrap around my waist and pull me into him, my back pressed up against his chest. He begins to attack my neck with kisses which causes butterflies to erupt in my stomach as I giggle. I lock my phone and set it down on the night stand.