Chapter 23: Lastnight and Today Just Aren't the Same

Chapter 23

*Saige's POV*

I felt...cold. I felt around the bed for him, and when I didn't feel him beside me, I shot up. Frantically, I scanned around the room for him. Wait, this isn't his room. I was in my Rogue Room. My heart instantly ached. I guess when he said only for the night, he meant it. I just hoped things would change after lastnight. Sighing, I swung my feet to the side of the bed. I just sat there, debating on where I should go, until I heard a faint knock at my bedroom door.  "Come in" I called out. My white bedroom door creaked open. 

"Saige" Roxanne called, excitedly. Her loose brown curls bounced as she practically skipped towards me. "Guess what" she asked, smiling widely. 

"What" I feigned interest. 

"Last night, after the party...Aaron asked me out, " she squealed. I cocked an eyebrow. 

"Really now...I'm happy for you" I smiled. Great...everyone seems to be happy except me.

"Saige, hun...what's wrong" she said sitting beside me. Could I trust her? After seeing my past, I'm not sure I can trust anyone. I groaned internally. As much as I wanted to tell her, I needed to get to know her better.

"Nothing" I whispered, deciding not to tell her, "I'm happy for you" I truly was happy for her, but for some reason, I wished I was in that situation. But no. I had to get the messed up life. Anyways..."I'm glad he finally settled down." 

She smiled, "I know right!! He..." I tuned her out, going back to my thoughts. Why did he bring me back here? I thought...maybe, just maybe, he'd have a change of heart, but clearly it was just sex with me. That's all it was, and that's all it will ever be. Sex. Guess things are going back to normal. I hate him, he hates me... same old stuff. I can't believe I actually believed him when he said he loved me. "Saige!" Roxanne yelled, pulling me out of my thoughts. By the tone of her voice, I could tell this wasn't the first time she said my name. I blinked at her.

"Yeah" I answered.

"So let's go, training starts soon. Just throw on some shoes and you'll be fine" she said standing up. I nodded, and stood up, walking to my closet to grab some black converse. I was still wearing my shorts and tanktop from last night...which I'm guessing Kade changed me into after I passed out. Quickly, I grabbed some socks from my dresser, and put them on. I placed on my shoes, and we headed out the room.

"What do we do on day one" I asked as we made it to the first floor. She smirked.

"You'll just have to wait and see." We walked down a long hallway, "okay...last door on the left."

"Wait where..." I spun around, and she wasn't there. So I'm doing this on my own...great. I sighed, and continued down the hallway, with only one thought in my mind...Kade was my trainer. Maybe last night wasn't the best idea. I stopped at the door, hesitating before I finally muster up the courage to grasp the cold crystal doorknob and turn it. Slowly, I pushed open the door, and when I entered I froze. About ten pairs of eyes stared me down. 

"Well look what we have here...if it isn't the whore" a familiar girl with long straight, blonde hair, and bright blue eyes, pushed through the crowd of guys...Vicky. My eyes narrowed.

"You shouldn't talk about yourself like that, Vicky" I retorted. A chorus of "Ohhh" filled the room. I smirked in satisfaction. She glared at me.

"Someone's just mad, because their little boyfriend left them...for me" she smirked. He wouldn't...would he? No... I was about to reply, when a voice caught our attention.