Chapter 12

I look at my bags that are all packed and placed on the floor. I have been packing since yesterday for my trip back to Boston in some hours. Maybe I just need to leave this town and come back another time. I can't stand being here not even one more day.

I hear a knock coming from the door and I tell the person to come in. The door opens to reveal Aiden.

"Hey, lil brother." He says and sits down on the bed. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I've been better," I tell him truthfully. "But I'll be fine. Maybe not today, but I will be." I sigh and he taps me on the back.

He tells me that in half an hour we should be going to the airport and I tell him I just need to get dressed. He tells me that he'll be downstairs and that if I need him I can call him.

I thank him and as soon as he leaves, I take a shower and put on some clothes on.

Perhaps we'll always be unfinished business. People come and go in everyone's life and when the right moment comes, they stay. And I hope that moment comes. I fucking hope it does.

I walk downstairs and mom is sitting down on the couch and staring at the wall. When she sees me, she tries to hide her tears, but it's too late now. I've noticed them.

"Mom," I tell her and sit beside her. She starts silently crying and hugs me.

"I can't believe you're leaving in some hours," She mumbles into my shirt.

"I'll be back in some months mom," I assure her and I feel her calming down. "We better be going now. It takes a lot of time to do the check in and all of that boring stuff." She tells me and I nod in agreement.

She calls dad and Aiden and tells them that we're leaving now. Aiden helps me to pick up my bags from the room and put it in the trunk of the car. I text Nathan that I'll be arriving in Boston at 2:00 am. He texts me back saying that he'll be there to pick me up.

I sit down in the front seat and dad sits in the driver's seat and mom and Aiden go in the back. Dad starts driving and I turn on the radio. So by Ed Sheeran starts playing and I look out the window.

I guess this is it.

We get in the airport and dad parks the car. I get out and put my bags in a baggage trolley. We enter the checking in area and mom starts talking to me about random stuff.

Suddenly, she opens up a big smile. She is looking past me and I ask her if something is wrong.

"Oh, they're finally here!" Mom exclaims. "I even thought they wouldn't come." She chirps. I turn my face to look what she's looking at and see her.

Stephanie is standing some meters away from us and smiles as soon as she catches an eye on us.

"Wait," I turn back to mom. "You invited the Olsens to come?" I ask her.

"Well, of course. Steph was your best friend. She would like to say bye to you." Mom smiles, thinking that this would make me somewhat happy.

"Exactly mom, she was my best friend. Was as in past tense." I try to tell her but she just walks up to them.

She hugs Mrs. Olsen and says something to her I can't hear because they are a little bit too far. I let out a sigh, but follow her so I won't come out as rude.

Mrs. Olsen keeps talking to mom so I just keep standing there awkwardly until she comes to talk to me.

"Ty," she says, her choice is calm and serene. She faces the floor for an instant and looks at me once more.

I don't know what to say, so I just don't say anything. The situation is completely awkward and I wouldn't want to make it even weirder.

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving today?" She asks me, not looking me in the eyes.