Chapter 8

There are only a couple of hours left for the wedding to begin and I don't even know how my lungs manage to work. I'm pacing back and forth through my room and I'm breathing to deeply that I'm afraid I might panic.

I've never felt this way, but the situation is chaotic and I still don't know if the think I regret the most is sending that text to her or if that's my pass to something else but a friendship that is beginning to form.

I walk up to the porch and take a sip of the glass of water in the table. There's not much I can do now. I tragically pressed that damn send button and now it's too late. She either saw it or she didn't and the only thing I can do is to get dressed and drive all the way to the wedding.

So that's what I do. I reach for my closet and find the clothes I bought some days ago for this day. My hands and slightly quivering and I would never admit that I'm this tragically nervous.

I feel the palms of my hands sweating and I juts try to let out some sharp breaths in order for it to go away. But it doesn't.

When the subject is the blonde girl who makes me go insane, the side effects never really do go away.

Mother and the rest of the family had already left the house and I mentally thank God for that. I look at my reflection in the mirror and I pray that the person staring back at me won't do anything to ruin the only shot of happiness I have in this blue planet who circles around a globe of fire.

I get done dressing up and look at my clock. I have one hour and a half more. I decide to go in one hour so I can take this time to calm myself down because no one deserves to see me in this agonizing state.

I try to watch TV, eat something and even play the piano in out living room, but the only song I can manage to play is All I Want by Kodaline so I just stop.

When one hour has passed, I try to think of something that might help me to anticipate my tardiness, but I just remember that it would be extremely stupid to do that. So I get in the car and start driving and through the road, I ask myself if masterpieces like her are really so rare in this earth.

The moment I arrive, I stop the car and just sit still for some minutes. I let out my last pair of deep breaths and leave the car.

I can see that most people are already there and I notice how I'm the only guy who looks like a wreck in the middle of all these people.

I try to find Aiden amongst the crowd, but I don't, so I just sit in that table waiting for something to happen.

But it doesn't. So a half an hour later, people already start to sit down in the chairs for the ceremony to begin yet still, I'm a complete wreck.

I find my seat and wait for it to begin. I spot mom and dad sitting some rows in my front, but I don't bother going up there knowing that mom will scold me for arriving what she could call late.

The priest announces the ceremony will begin and everyone keeps quiet. I can see the little flower girls walking all the way to the aisle, dropping flowers as they walk. A photographer captures all of the moments and I find myself searching throughout the place for her. I see the groom up in the altar smiling like a fool.

Some minutes later, Isabella walks in. She looks beautiful and she looks kind of like her sister. Her dress is long and elegant and from the corner of my eye I see the groom discretely crying.

I can tell that he tries to blink back the tears, but every time he looks at her, more tears fall. The priest starts the ceremony and I feel myself zoning out and looking for her.

I can't seem to find her, so I just focus my attention back at the marriage.

An hour later, the ceremony is done. The people start walking towards the tables set for the dinner and I'm still desperately trying to find her.