Cliche IV: Villains and their Minions

These guys are necessary for these stories like any other genre, but they have no other facets than these:

"An evil ruthless queen, sitting on a spiky and dark throne, on an overly dark and creepy place, filled with soldiers and monsters, where everything is doleful, terrifying and lifeless, just like a dark nightmare, always planning to take over the world with her second-in-command's minions, army, and finally for herself"

-My description of Queen Beryl.

We all know this cliche: the villain sends one or two minions per episode, only to be defeated by the protagonist. This is a wash-rinse-repeat formula until the final battle, which is cliche too.

It's okay if the team kills off the villains' minions, but not always.

How to Improve

-Let the bad guys win sometimes. If the team did not defeat them as soon as deployed, they can do it in the next chapter.

-Instead of deploying one per chapter, make the villain deploy three or five at once and spread them all over different parts of the city.

-Change the villain's setting as well. Nightmarish dimensions are overused.

-If your villain is about to finish off the heroes in the final battle, then let them do so. Or better, let one member (other than the leader) survive and flee the battle. This will assure a new team to defeat that villain.

-If possible, make some minions reform or rebel against their chief.

Example:
-Ni Ko is a spoiled brat whom had been recruited by space pirates after these robbed her family's fortune.

-Ha'en is a shape shifting criminal who frees his gang of shape shifters.