Chapter Tweleve) What's Happening

I through a Hollister dress on with my favorite flats. I made natural long curls in my hair. My mom said she wanted us to get both dressed up for diner to impress Joey. I though it was pretty dumb, but whatever. Ding Dong. Joey must be here. I ran down stairs and opened the door; he gave me a hello kiss and hug. He looked super hot, he slid his hair to the side and wore a tight blue button down.

"You look great!" he flirted.

"You look better," I winked then giggled.

I guided him into my dining room and sat him at his seat. We talked for awhile until we herd my moms heal clacking towards us. She came in with a bowl of salsa and chips.

"Wow, you look stunning Ms. Smith," he smiled while helping her place the bowl in the center of the table.

"Why, thank you," My mom responded.

Joey got up and awkwardly hugged her. She smiled and stared at him for awhile. Her eyes traced his face in shock. Joey shot me a worried look as if my mom was about to judge him.

"Mom stop.." I whispered.

"Oh sorry!" she looked away, "You just look exactly like Charlottes father when he was young,"

He gave her a weird smile and sat back down. My mom went into the kitchen and came back out with a beautiful chicken and placed it on the table. She put her body on a seat and served everyone. We ate in silence.. until my mother brought up the awkward conversation from earlier in the night.

"You look so much like him," she softly said.

"Do I really Ms. Smith," he shrugged.

"Yes, indeed you do. Do you mind me asking what your father's name is?" she oddly asked.

"Of course. His name is Edger Jonwel,"

My moms jaw dropped to the ground and her eyes widen.

"Edger Jonwel.. you mean the one who works as a  judge at Mc. Sane court," she jumped to reply.

He arches in his eyebrows.

"Yeah, how do you know?," he asked surprised.

My mom ignored him. She got up and ran into the living room. She came back with a picture in her hand. She showed it to Joey.

"Is this your father? Does he leave you a lot? Does he hurt you a lot?" She shivered at the question.

A tear began rolling down her cheek. She was scaring me.

"Did Charlotte tell you that?" Joey said raising his voice.

"No! Would Charlotte know that your dad has a bird shaped tattoo on the right side of his back," She screeched.

He was shocked. I had no clue what was happening. Joey was to surprised to say anything, so I just spoke for him.

"How the hell do you know all this mom?" I yelled.

"We need to talk you two," she said while trying to control her emotions.

I didn't understand any of this. Me and Joey looked at each other then back at her. What does she need to tell us?