I walked into the building and saw Connor leaning against the lockers with his arms crossed. "Now, was that so hard?" He taunted and I gritted my teeth. "Just keep this up and she will be okay." He said. "Why can't you do this crap?" I said, clear annoyance in my voice. "She needs the both us no matter how hard you deny it. Act like her mate just like I am." I growled 'Mine' Cane said at the same time I did. 'No wait. . .your mate, not mine' I reminded Cane and myself. What the fuck is going on with me?

I brushed past him, not wanting to stay a moment longer in that school. I walked past the office and out the school gates without a problem. The lady at the front office is just in her mid twenties and has a major crush on me, so she didn't tell me anything. I did screw her after all.

I got in my car and sped out of the parking lot, my mind thinking back to the conversation I had with the leech a couple days ago.

Flashback-

I was in my office doing pack business when there was a knock on the door. "Enter." I said and the door opened to reveal my second in command. Mark bowed before speaking, "Alpha, there is someone who wishes to speak with you." I looked up again from the thousands of papers scattered around my desk "Who is it?" I don't remember getting any requests to enter my land. "Um his name is Connor, Alpha. He's in the basement held by our guards." My mood instantly turned sour. "Thank you" I stood up from my chair and headed towards the basement. I walked down stairs and followed the scent of death.

There were two guards outside the cell and two others inside, aiming weapons at Connor's head who was on his knees with his hands tied behind him. The guards bowed and opened the cell. I walked in. "Untie him" I ordered. They obeyed and allowed him to get up. I motioned my head to them as a sign to leave. They bowed and left the basement after closing the cell.

"You don't have to be so rough with your guests" He said while rubbing his wrists. "You're an intruder, not a guest." I said back. "What are you doing on my land, Davis" I demanded with my Alpha voice. He seemed unfazed and put his hands in his pockets, "I have a request. .wait. . . more of a demand, Knight." What the fuck was he talking about? "I don't take orders from a leech. Do you have any idea who you're talking to?" My Alpha tone increased as Cane growled at the disrespect. "Well yes. I'm talking to a selfish, so-called Alpha that doesn't know how to treat the best gift that was given to him." He said with no emotion on his face. I sneered "Don't test me, leech."

Connor chuckled "Yes I apologize. Now back to what I was saying, it's about Jade." My anger vanished and was replaced with curiosity "What about her." He looked me dead in the eye "Jade is in danger and the only way we can prevent something terrible, is if we band together." Band together? Pfft as if. No way in fuck. "Believe me I hate this just as much as you but it's for Jade's well being." I watched him closely "And what if I refuse?" A sense of deja vu took over.

His eyes turned red and his fists clenched "If you fucking refuse I promise you, Knight. You will suffer and so will your pack. Thousands of people will die along with yourself and you know who will be doing that? Jade. She will turn into something horrifying and you will be the cause of it. I'm her mate too whether you like it or not. She needs both of us in order to keep her sane and there is no way in hell that I'm losing her because of you." I stayed quiet. So that fire that happened in the kitchen was Jade after all? . . . That day, there was a sense of evil and death in the house. I felt it even before it happend but I brushed it off. 'We must protect mate. She needs us Alex' Cane said anxiously.

I don't know where it came from, but the need to protect her became strong. "And what do you think we should do." I demanded without even thinking. Connor's eyes went back to normal and he stood up straight "You and I need to treat her as mates should be treated and we'll become hers. Both of us. . . Until she decides who she wants as a mate. It's unheard of for a wolf to have two mates let alone a vampire so I assume she'll have to pick one, but I'm not sure yet."

I processed what he said and smirked "She'll choose me, Davis so why even try" He chuckled and grew a smirk of his own "Well from the way things are going with you, I have an equal chance, Knight."

I nodded. Challenge accepted.

End of flashback-

I arrived at the pack house minutes later and parked my car. I entered and suddenly felt hands on my back. I didn't even need to turn to know it was Layla. This bitch is seriously getting on my nerves with her constant sneeking in. "What do you want Layla" I asked as I took off my leather jacket and hung it on the coat hanger, not even sparing her a glance as her hands ran up and down my chest "I want you. . . all of you baby" She said in a seductive tone. This would have been a good screw but I had too many things on my mind and besides, I semed to be strangely unaffected by this.

I pushed her hands away and went to the fridge to get something to drink. "Yeah well I don't want you. I'm not in the mood." I opened the cap and drank the cold water. "Awe sweetie don't be like that." She pressed her body against mine and looked up at me through her lashes "I know you want this"

Still, I was not fazed. "Get out of here Layla and besides what did I say about coming here uninvited?" She pouted "To ask for permission" I nodded "Yeah so do me a favor and get the fuck out, please" I pushed her off me and walked around her "You know where the door is." I said as I headed towards my office. She stopped me and hugged me from behind. "Okay sweetie but I will be back. She kissed my neck and walked over to the door. "See you later honey bunny!"

The door slammed shut and I almost spat out my water. Honey bunny? What the fuck? "Honey bunny my ass" I mumbled to myself as I locked the door and walked to my office. Today was a hard day.