37. Round 1: Final Memento

Start from the beginning

When I got out of the room, I could see Klaus blabbering some gibberish to Kol, who by the way was trying to hold back his anger. Rebekah and Elijah was there too, trying to calm them down.

"What's going on?" I huffed as I reached them, standing next to Elijah and Rebekah.

Elijah sighed, shaking his head in disappointment. "Klaus is getting worked up because he claims that Kol stole something important to him."

I narrowed my eyes and approached the two brothers as Klaus acknowledged me, "What happened?"

Kol looked at me for a moment but didn't talk, instead he stared at Klaus again with his eyes half-closed. Klaus glanced at me with his typical ironic smirk, "This is something about me and my brother, love."

I crossed my arms stubbornly, furrowing my brows. "Is this about the white oak?"

Elijah and Rebekah stared at me confused, clearly not realising what was going on. On the other hand, Klaus turned his full attention to me, his eyes widening. "How do you know about it?"

"Because I was the one who stole it, not Kol."

His body clenched like his jawline, flames of anger burning in his eyes. He stepped closer, looking down at me with his ferocious eyes, belittling me. "You did what?" he hissed.

Rebekah popped in our little conflict, glaring at Klaus confused. "Will you tell me and Elijah what the bloody hell are you talking about?"

Kol sighed, looking at Rebekah and Elijah. "Rebekah do you remember that little toy knight Nik carved for you when we were kids? The one Davina asked you about?"

She glanced at him suspiciously, "Yeah, what about it?"

"This is a piece of white oak." he answered, glaring at Klaus. "And Nik didn't even tell us about it."

"Brother is that true?" asked Elijah, obviously shocked.

Klaus lowered his gaze for a moment, no words coming out of his mouth. Rebekah approached her brother even more, standing before him. She looked at him in disgust with her icy blue eyes narrowed, "Are you serious Nik?! Keeping something so important from us? For god's sake, do we even matter to you?"

"Of course you do Rebekah," he snapped back, looking into her eyes, "But I thought I wouldn't have to worry you about this, I just-"

"Why did you even keep it after all those years?" she asked, slightly yelling.

"Because Rebekah this is something I did for you when we were still kids!" he yelled back, Rebekah jumping in fright, "When we were still those innocent kids who loved each other. I carved it for you so many years ago, that it's a memento now of those times. I never thought that our mother would make this kind of wood our enemy."

Rebekah stared at him with teary eyes as she suddenly pulled him into a tight hug, burying her face in the crook of his neck. "You're such an idiot. We will always be together, Nik. And it's not that stupid thing that calmed me down from that storm that night. It was you." she murmured in his ear, Klaus slowly wrapping his arms around her body.

Elijah was the one who broke the silence, patting Klaus' back. "You should have told us, brother." he simply said and then looked at me, "So why did you take it Davina?"

Everyone now was staring at me.

My eyes met those of Kol's, who seemed to hesitate for a moment; Honestly, I was done with lying and keeping secrets so I would just tell them, since they would find out about it soon or later.