17. The Attic

Kol's POV:

"Bloody hell, that's a terrible mess!" I said and stepped behind, looking at my bloody clothes.
"Now I have to change my clothes." I murmured and placed down the sharp tool.

The witch's lifeless body was stiffened for over ten minutes now and I still couldn't clear up the whole place. Oh but why did I even care? It wasn't my job to clear this up, besides, since when I become the good housewife?

So with a smirk on my face, I walked out of the room proudly and headed to the exit of the hospital.

Let's go have the talk of the year.

Davina's POV:

It was freezing outside and the way I have wrapped my arms around my body was humanly impossible. Well, I wasn't a human now to be honest.

I was staring at the beautiful decorated houses and streets of New Orleans, since Christmas were close. Winter was indeed the most wonderful season of the year, all that celebrating and cheerful spirit. I had literally fallen in love with it.

But what had started worrying me was the way Kol's voice sounded on the phone. I knew him and I could easily guess his upset behavior. Still, that famous Mikealson smirk could cover the guilt he was into and his ironic look formed on his face.

I did not like this.

It wasn't going to be a 'happy talk in the attic' as it looked like and certainly it wouldn't end up with me and Kol making each other's hair.

Could this drama be over some day?

I thought and sighed, biting my under lip. I wanted to see him, I was really longing for his deep and passionate kisses, his unique accent, that always beautiful messy hair. Did I become an addictive girlfriend now?

I turned around, facing the crowd of people that was filling the streets and roads. I forced my stiffened body to move, making one step closer to the place I was supposed to go.

**********************************************

"Kol? Are you here?" I called as I found myself standing in the attic, scanning the place I hadn't been for a while.

A dusty pile of my spell books was on the table, surrounded by a few candles. The bedside table with my lamp on it was pretty dusty too, making it blatantly obvious that no one has been here in a while.

I really had missed this place after all. Despite the fact I had been spending most of my time alone here, I had always believed it was some kind of a home to me. A small, cozy home.

"Ah, so many memories of this place. Don't you think darling?"

I turned my body towards the source of the voice, when finally my eyes met his; Kol was leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed in front of his muscled chest.

"That's a nice way to say hey." I said and mimicked his position.

He narrowed his eyes and studied my face for a while, as he tried to end up in some conclusion. Whatever had happened in those hours Kol was gone, something had come up. Something that made him distant.

"I see, you have fully recovered from your...incident. Well, I should start firstly with a speech full of 'I told you so' and 'Didn't I tell you that you shouldn't go through the forest' but, oh well. It's pointless now." he chuckled, not even moving. "Besides, I have learned some pretty juicy information about, your kidnapper."