A Friend?

Next morning Ugly Patty woke up to hear a voice in the woods. She looked out the window in surprise, it was another human! Patty quickly got changed and rolled her way outside. She ended up standing in front of the most beautiful girl in all the land, Princess Speedy Legs.
"Who are you?" asks Patty.
"I'm Princess Speedy Legs, but my actual name is Sam. What's your name?"
Patty looks at Sam confused, "I'm Madisen, though people call me Ugly Patty. What are you doing here?"
Sam laughs, "I'm looking for what people like to call true love"
Patty rolls on the ground in laughter, "true love. Hahahaha! That's not a real thing"
Sam gets sad realizing that her search was for nothing.
Patty stops for a second and looks at Sam, "why aren't you running away like everyone else?"
"What do you mean?" Sam asks.
Patty starts crying, "I'm up here in this tree house because no one likes me. They all think I'm terrible, just because I have more chins than a normal human"
Sam reaches to Patty and wipes the tear off her cheek, "it's okay I like you. You are very nice and act more civil than most people"
Patty gets the biggest smile and actually stands up to hug Sam.

     As time went on Sam would end up visiting Patty everyday. They would always play hide and seek, even though Patty couldn't hide very well. Patty would try to hide behind the sun but she was so big that even the sun couldn't block her. Sam didn't care though, she let Patty think she could hide, just to make Patty feel good about herself. It was Sam's turn to hide and when Patty found her Sam screamed with joy, but back at the town of August someone heard the scream and ran as fast as they could to save Sam.